none
Include / Link Visio Objects in a Word document with a relative path

Question

• Hallo,

I am currently trying to add Visio Objects into a word-file. When the Visio file changes the outcome should be automatically been seen within the Word document.

That is working fine when I include the VSDX file as an Object with the link-function. The problem is that I want to have this feature with relative paths since I want to copy the folder and change the behaviour.

The following example should make it clear:

I have the following folder structure

/OriginalFolder

WordFile.docx

/gfx

Visio1.vsdx

Visio2.vsdx

Now I just want to copy those files to a complete different folder but keep the object links

e.g.

/CompleteNewFolder

WordFile.docx

/gfx

Visio1.vsdx

Visio2.vsdx

Has anyone an idea how to achieve this?

mercredi 9 mai 2018 18:14

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

Please try the following steps to save and link Visio in Word:

1. Create and save both Word document and Visio file to the same location such as Desktop.
    2. Open Word document, insert Visio Object from Desktop and link the file when inserting. Save it.
    3. Copy both Word and Visio files from Desktop to a complete different folder, please keep Word and Visio files to same folder. Delete them from Desktop.
    4. Then you can open Word document, a window might be prompted to tell you the link file is changed:
    5. Click Yes to update the link. Then you can check the Link for this file, it will be changed automatically to another path where the Visio file is copied.

Please check it in your side with two test Word file and Visio file.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 10 mai 2018 08:07
    Modérateur
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it? Please feel free to post back if you need further help.

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

mardi 15 mai 2018 09:48
    Modérateur