none
Can't Install Quicken

Discussion générale

• I've tried both Quicken Deluxe 2007 & 2009.
    I've tried using the troubleshooting mode.
    I've tried running the setup as administrator. 

In every case, the install program crashes.
    mardi 20 janvier 2009 00:10

Toutes les réponses

• I got Quicken Deluxe 2008 to load and execute on Win7 64 bit

HDR
    mardi 20 janvier 2009 04:24
  • Quicken Deluxe 2008 loaded for me but dies when I try to save the data file or backup the data file.
    mardi 20 janvier 2009 19:05
  • Is the installer failing? Are you getting errors from the install in event viewer? It sounds like the install did not complete successfully. Please post more info.
    mardi 20 janvier 2009 19:15
  • Great news!

I had 6 updates to install via Windows Update. Everytime I tried it failed.

The troubleshooter for Windows Update had the following suggestion:

Solve a problem with Windows 7 beta

An issue with the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) client in Windows 7 beta is causing Explorer and some MSI-based installers to stop working properly.

To solve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Accessories.

2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.

3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt:

reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f

4. Press Enter to install the solution.

5. If The operation completed successfully displays, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure. If "ERROR: Access is denied" displays, repeat this procedure from the top, making sure you clicked Run as administrator in step two.

After I did what the troubleshooter suggested, the 6 updates worked.

Next, I tried to install Quicken 2009 again and it worked, too!

I *love* the troubleshooter feature!

As a side note...
    I installed the R3 version of Quicken 2009. R4 is available, but the Quicken kept failing during the update. I tried to do a manual update, but I got the following error message:

"A Patching Engine Error Has Occurred"

I re-ran the patch as Administrator and R4 installed correctly.

My issue is resolved...Quicken works for me!

mercredi 21 janvier 2009 05:51
  • I have installed & used Quicken Home & Business 2009 Plus Quicken WillMaker 2009 without any glitches at all.
    vendredi 23 janvier 2009 15:45
  • visit Quicken official support and you will get help for all your issues whether it is installation, update and any other 
    mardi 15 mai 2018 07:33