none
Windows Search on the Start menu RRS feed

• Discussion générale

• Hello everyone,

In my business, we are currently running with a hundred users logged on to RDP Terminal Server on Windows Server 2008 R2 servers. In my project to migrate to Windows Server 2016, I have mounted a test server on which already works a few people (8 for now).

GPOs automatically configure and block certain accesses to these simple users, such as visibility of drive C into the workstation. Only, unlike the 2008 R2, Windows Server 2016 has the Windows 10 search function, which is to simply open the Start menu and type a search. Unfortunately, I can type "cmd" for example and users can access it at the command prompt.

Can I disable the search via the Start menu or at least, prevent search in drive C?

Thank you for your help.

mercredi 27 septembre 2017 14:07

Toutes les réponses

• Hello,

It is possible to customize the start menu via GPO, you will find a lot of options in the user configuration part: User configurations-> ADministratives templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar.
    mercredi 27 septembre 2017 14:09
  • Hello everyone,

In my business, we are currently running with a hundred users logged on to RDP Terminal Server on Windows Server 2008 R2 servers. In my project to migrate to Windows Server 2016, I have mounted a test server on which already works a few people (8 for now).

GPOs automatically configure and block certain accesses to these simple users, such as visibility of drive C into the workstation. Only, unlike the 2008 R2, Windows Server 2016 has the Windows 10 search function, which is to simply open the Start menu and type a search. Unfortunately, I can type "cmd" for example and users can access it at the command prompt.

Can I disable the search via the Start menu or at least, prevent search in drive C?

Thank you for your help.

mercredi 27 septembre 2017 14:13
  • Hello,

It is possible to customize the start menu via GPO, you will find a lot of options in the user configuration part: User configurations-> ADministratives templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar.
    mercredi 27 septembre 2017 14:15
  • Hello,

thank you u re an expert
    mercredi 27 septembre 2017 14:16
  • Hello,

thank you u re an expert

Bonjour Jamal,

Dans ce forum , il faut utiliser la langue française.

Si vous désirez poster en anglais vous pouvez poster ici : Windows 2016 en-US

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

mercredi 27 septembre 2017 14:26
    Modérateur