none
Subordinate PKI server says additional steps needed to configure Certificate services, but all grey'd out RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently joined an IT team, where the only person with knowledge of their PKI has long since departed. We have run into an issue where certs will renew if our DR site is the issuer, but not if our production site is. So I logged into our Production subordinate certificate server, which now has an alert on the Server Manager page...

The alert says, Configuration required for Active Directory Certificate Services at... server.

When I click that, even while logged in as the Enterprise Admin account...  It opens the AD CS Config screen as per normal. On the Credentials page, I make sure I am indeed the Ent. Admin and click next. I get the below screen. As you can see, next and configure are greyed out.

So why am I being told there are steps I need to take?

Randall James Walker

jeudi 17 octobre 2019 14:18

Toutes les réponses

• Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

According to our description, I understand we receive the alert when we open Server Manager as below.

We can try to close the Server Manager and reopen it. Then click "Configuration required for Active Directory Certificate Services at... server" and reconfigure it.
    For example, after we check the option Certification Authority or Certification Authority Web Enrollment below, we can click Next button.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

vendredi 18 octobre 2019 03:57
  • That's just it... Nothing can be clicked once I get to the screenshot I posted. I have logged in and out, two other admins have tried, we have rebooted the server. But still, it says it needs additional steps.. And still, we can't click anything, only previous and cancel. This server has been up and running for 2 years. 

Randall James Walker

vendredi 18 octobre 2019 12:02
  • Hello,
    Did we add some roles about AD CS or other roles not related to AD CS recently?

From the similar case with marked answer - Active Directory Certificate Services post config issue, we can see:

We can try to debug in this similar direction.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

lundi 21 octobre 2019 08:33
  • Nothing has been added to this server since the day it came online, November 1st 2017. It apparently has been broken ever since??? The DR server, which is seemingly an exact copy, is working fine.

Here are the contents of the certocm log file. It was too long to post here, so I uploaded a txt file.

Randall James Walker

lundi 21 octobre 2019 12:57
  • Hi,
    I am sorry, it is not an efficient way to analyze logs in this forum since we may need more resources.

When do we find this waring? Or when does the waring appear?

We can check if any server with any roles or features can not work fine. If all the servers with any roles or features work fine, and we cannot find any error in our AD environment, we can keep monitoring.

If the issue is urgent and important, I suggest we submit a service request to MS Professional tech support service so that a dedicated support professional can further assist you with this request.

The following web site for more detail of Professional Support Options and incident submission methods is for your reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/gp/contactus81?forceorigin=esmc&Audience=Commercial

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

mardi 22 octobre 2019 09:11
  • Hi,
    If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

jeudi 24 octobre 2019 07:59
  • Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this question has any update. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

lundi 28 octobre 2019 08:37