none
In a document library how to rename 1.PDF to 2.pdf, so all href links get updated automatically (In SharePoint 2013 site)?

Question

• Hi there

I have SharePoint 2013.
    In a document library how to rename 1.PDF to 2.pdf, so all href links get updated automatically on site's pages?

Thanks.

mercredi 11 juillet 2018 18:00

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

When we rename the file, the href attribute of the file link which specifies the URL of the page the link goes to will be changed automatically. But the display text of the link stays the same.

For example, I have a file named “test.doc” in the SharePoint library. In a page, insert a link form SharePoint and select this file as the location.

Check the link. It is:

<a href="/sites/team/doc02/test.doc">test.doc</a>

Then, I change the file name to “test01.doc”.

The link will automatically be changed to:

<a href="/sites/team/doc02/test01.doc">test.doc</a>

If you also want to change the display text of the link on all pages, you need to open the page and change it manually or insert a new link.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 12 juillet 2018 06:32
    Modérateur
  • Hi Linda,

Actually I have several HTML hardcoded links and they are not updating at all. Is there anyway to change those links?

Thanks.

jeudi 12 juillet 2018 17:46
  • Hi,

No, there is method to change these links. You need to edit links manually.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

vendredi 13 juillet 2018 06:04
    Modérateur