none
Remove spurious characters from share points column values and count items

Question

• Hello, 

I have data from a MS Forms (a multiple choice answer) that feeds data to a SharePoint list; the data looks like ["Item1", "Item2", "etc"], is there a way to delete square brackets and quotes so that I can then count the numbers of "item 1" and "item 2" present in each column?

I am currently doing this process through Excel (export data, manipulate and return to SP), would it be possible to do everything within SharePoint?

Thanks for the help. 

• Modifié Miche -e jeudi 12 juillet 2018 11:49 removed formatting errors
    mercredi 11 juillet 2018 12:57

Toutes les réponses

• Hi Miche,

How did you set the multiple choice answer?

If I create a multiple choice column, the value is like:

Please provide your steps to reproduce this issue.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 12 juillet 2018 08:31
    Modérateur
  • Hello Wendy, 

The data in the columns look like the figure below. They are responses collected from a multiple choice MS Forms responses. There can be multiple choice for one questions, which are comma separated. Each option is included in quotes and the all the chosen options are bound with square brackets. 

Thanks for your help. 

jeudi 12 juillet 2018 11:55
  • I'm having a hard time imagining your setup.  Can't you simply eliminate this from the source?  Wherever the data is saved, just fix it there.

MY BOOK

jeudi 12 juillet 2018 18:59
  • The data comes from Forms responses which is piped into a SharePoint list through Flows. I am not aware of anyways to handle data from Flows or Forms. 

Which ends up in the SharePoint entries shown in the post above. 

Thanks for helping. 

samedi 14 juillet 2018 10:06