none
Custom Managed Meta data Property from User Pofile - only the label value(s) are available, ID's needed

Question

• Hi,

I have a number of custom User Profile properties that all are taxonomy fields (i.e. connected to term sets). When accessing/reading  these User Profile values from either CSOM/JSOM or via a Managed Property in Search it looks like only the label value(s) are available.

I can’t get the proper ID’s and/or the complete GPo#/GPP# values , these  are all available fora list item or a document but for Users/User Properties they are not. Why I don’t understand.  If accessing the User Property value using the Server Object Model (full trust) I do get a ID string (like GUID|Label) but the  GPP# value is missing. This is an huge issue for me and I suspect I am not the only one.

What I need is to;

For each page request, I need to read out the taxonomy custom Profile Property value of the current User so that I then can execute a search query using the GPo#/GPP# values (i.e. run a search on all matching items/documents tagged with the term from the User Profile any children or that term). Executing the query only based on the term label won’t work. I have many terms with the same label…

Anyone been able to do this? Is this a well-known issue/bug?

//CJiHi

mercredi 8 juillet 2015 22:04

Toutes les réponses

• You will need to map it to 'ows_taxId_' extension field too.

For example: I have 2 Managed Properties :

Countries is a Managed Metadata field, 'BIACounties' is only map to 'ows_Countries' where as 'TestCountry' is mapped to 'ows_Countries' as well as 'ows_taxId_Countries'. So, TestCountry Managed metadata field will show the full path 

This is screen from Search Query Builder.

don't forget to do a full crawl once you map to a new property.

get2pallav
    Please click "Propose As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if this post has been useful to you.

jeudi 9 juillet 2015 13:18
  • Thanks but your sample is for List Items. Just like you show, this works fine.  The crawled property I need is a user profile one. People:XXXX (basically a custom taxonomy property on the user profile).

Any suggestions?

jeudi 9 juillet 2015 15:10
  • Do we have any solution for this ?
    mercredi 9 mai 2018 06:53