none
SharePoint 2010: using InfoPath 2010 recovering the previous form back in action RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

i am using infoPath 2010 for development of forms (Issue List Type). due to some reason the SharePoint 2010 was restored to previous month database and the forms i made in this period disappeared. i again made Issue List Form with same name (say ABC) and then i opened ABC.xsn previously saved on my computer and tried to publish, it throw error saying that the form has been deleted or removed.

here is the error detail,

The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:

Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.
    <detail><errorstring xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">
        List does not exist.
        The page you selected contains a list that does not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user.
        </errorstring><errorcode xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">0x82000006</errorcode></detail>

i wonder if someone could help me finding the way to publish previously made forms (ABC.xsn) again on new installation of SharePoint.

Thanks, ANS
    • Modifié Ans Azeem lundi 13 juin 2011 14:24 Spell
    lundi 13 juin 2011 14:22

Réponses

• Hi Ans,

You need to correct the contentTypeID as well as the ListIDs to overcome the object reference issue. To find the correct ContentTypeID you will need to go to the list that DOES exist; go to List Settings; Form Settings; Select the appropriate content type; and use the default SharePoint form. 'Save as' that form 'Export Source Files' from the  Home TAB. Edit the manifest.xsf file using notepad to find the correct contentTypeID. Adjust in your original file as you did before.

macrel
    jeudi 17 novembre 2011 20:49

Toutes les réponses

• You can't use the old form as-is, because it was bound to the list by its GUID, and the new list most likely has a different GUID.  Open the form template, click File > Publish > Export Source Files.  Open the manifest.xsn in design mode, then replace the list GUID references to the GUID of your new list and then see if it will publish.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    lundi 13 juin 2011 14:25
  • Dear Cobb,

thanks for the reply. okay, i exported the Source Files, opened the mainfest.xsn in design mode, but how do i replace the list GUID references to GUID of new list?

Thanks, ANS
    lundi 13 juin 2011 14:54
  • Sorry, I meant to say to open the manifest.xsn in Notepad so that you can manually edit it.

mardi 14 juin 2011 01:12
  • Dear Cobb,

i think we are really going to what i need.

ok, i now opened the mainfest.xsf in notepad replaced following ID (shown in bold) with current working ID, that i got by making same List Type Form with same name and URL.

...........<xsf:sharepointListAdapterRW queryAllowed="yes" submitAllowed="yes" siteURL="http://collaboration/sites/IT/cmfdocs/" sharePointListID="{ BCCBE83B-A604-4AA8-B3E5-52A97090490C}" name="Main Data Connection" contentTypeID="0x0103008254B453A48F8B4AA4ECFEBDD10440BE" relativeListUrl="Lists/SWChecklist/" version="a9a2d093fba4a31a" queryOneItemOnly="yes" sharePointListChoices="Choices Data Connection">............

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then i tried to open manifest.xsf that gives following error,

Some external data was not retrieved. The form will load without the requested data.

Detail:

The query cannot be run for the following DataObject: SW-Checklist

Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.
    <detail><errorstring xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">
        List does not exist.
        The page you selected contains a list that does not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user.
        </errorstring><errorcode xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">0x82000006</errorcode></detail>

even tho the URL that is displayed on "This form will be published to: http://ServerName/Sites/IT/CMFDocs/Lists/SWChecklist" is working.

Thanks, ANS
    mardi 14 juin 2011 05:14
  • There may be more references in the manifest.  YOu have to manually replace everything due to the fact that this form template is really associated with something that no longer exists, so you are having to surgically fix it internally.

You have a data connection named SW-Checklist - find out what's wrong with it.

mardi 14 juin 2011 05:29
  • Dear Cobb,

i tried everything, but no success. i searched sharePointListID in all the files and only found two places in manifest, changed them as well but no use. error is still there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's places where SharePointID is found in manifest those i changed.

<xsf:sharepointListAdapterRW queryAllowed="yes" submitAllowed="no" siteURL="http://ServerName/sites/IT/cmfdocs/" sharePointListID="{7f1c3436-95de-41e1-b1ba-f132dc2a2032}" name="SW-Checklist" contentTypeID="" relativeListUrl="Lists/SWChecklist/" autogen="yes">

<xsf:sharepointListAdapterRW queryAllowed="yes" submitAllowed="yes" siteURL="http://ServerName/sites/IT/cmfdocs/" sharePointListID="{7f1c3436-95de-41e1-b1ba-f132dc2a2032}" name="Main Data Connection" contentTypeID="0x0103003071B7E7ADA7F347B13134F4DD34B537" relativeListUrl="Lists/SWChecklist/" version="a9a2d093fba4a31a" queryOneItemOnly="yes" sharePointListChoices="Choices Data Connection">

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

While Publishing the form, Error Detail:

<detail><errorstring xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</errorstring></detail>

Thanks, ANS
    mardi 14 juin 2011 08:06
  • I'm at the exact same place!

I have a solution developed in Visual Studio (with some lists), and my lists where deleted by someone else, så I re-deployed my solution, and alle the lists got new GUID - and now all my InfoPath forms are broke - sigh...

I REALLY hope someone out there have a solution for this - have been searching everywere to find a solution to this.

The next problem is when we are going from our Test environment, to production - then the lists will get new GUIDs again, and then I can't move my forms with me, and I have to cerating everything again on the production environment?

Surely there must be a way to handle this - fingers crossed!

Cheers

/Jesper

mercredi 22 juin 2011 13:42
  • Dear Schioett

i am also looking for the solution still.

I created all the forms again manually by using InfoPath. :-(

Problem with developing the forms again is not only the effort you do but the previous data is not merged with new data.

Still hope if someone could help...

Thanks, ANS
    jeudi 23 juin 2011 11:13
  • Did you find a solution to this? Even I have 3 different environemtns where I want the same infopath form to be published. How do i change the publish location?
    vendredi 15 juillet 2011 15:48
  • I think I'm going the route of only using InfoPath via a Form library, and the do my stuff from there.

Most of what I do is workflows, and I might as well start the workflow on a form library.
    I just promote the infopath fields I want to display.

Going this route, makes it easy to deploy the solution to different environments, because you only deploy your form to the form server, and the associate the form to the formlibrary as a content type.

Regards

Jesper

mardi 2 août 2011 06:06
  • Hi Ans,

You need to correct the contentTypeID as well as the ListIDs to overcome the object reference issue. To find the correct ContentTypeID you will need to go to the list that DOES exist; go to List Settings; Form Settings; Select the appropriate content type; and use the default SharePoint form. 'Save as' that form 'Export Source Files' from the  Home TAB. Edit the manifest.xsf file using notepad to find the correct contentTypeID. Adjust in your original file as you did before.

macrel
    jeudi 17 novembre 2011 20:49
  • Great find Marcel!  I've lost three work days trying to find this.

-Marc

lundi 7 avril 2014 12:22
  • Thank You Marcel!    Spent three hours searching for this solution.
    jeudi 29 mai 2014 06:02
  • Hi Ans,

macrel

When doing this, when you set use the default SharePoint form. How do you Save as that form?  are you deleting any existing infopath form, and then basically starting over on the infopath form to get to the manifest file?

i tried telling this to use the infopath form so i could get at it... but that didn't appear to work... and now in form settings, that option has disappeared.

mardi 27 janvier 2015 17:44
  • I figured this out on my own...  i basically made a new form page in designer, then was able to go back in and get a stock sharepoint form again, then reenter infopath, capture the contentid and then publish the form i had exported.

this has been a long day....

mardi 27 janvier 2015 22:11
  • This is an old post, but it helped me on an issue I was having.  To provide an alternative option to what Macrel provided on the ContentTypeID.  You can also find this by going to Advanced Settings in your list and allowing management of content types.

Once this option is checked, click on the Item content type from List Settings and you will find the correct content type in the URL.  Search for "ctype=".  In my example it was ctype=0x01003317BF6E886C3F4898875BAD801D9715

Hope this helps others.

Brian

lundi 2 février 2015 19:35
  • Hi Ans,

seems like You have entered contentTypeID took directly which is wrong, go to SWCheckList Settings and then click on the default content type and get the ID and use it here...

I too face same issue, I have solved it by changing wrong contenttype ID

Thanks,

Arun

mardi 26 juillet 2016 12:32