none
Search box disappeared, content search webpart query dialog is blank

Question

• The whole site search seems to be disappeared after CU march 2018 patching. 

When i add a Content search web part to a page, the query builder dialog shows a blank page. Does that mean search is broken?

But search service is running though...

And there's an error in console log:

mardi 8 mai 2018 23:23

Toutes les réponses

• Could it have anything to do with licensing? Because when i go to CA -> Licensing, it says: The license has expired - try uploading a new license or try reverting to the default license.
    mardi 8 mai 2018 23:26
  • I found the following error in event log:

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.QueryClassificationDictionaryUpdateTimerJobDefinition (ID f1a64db8-767e-4017-99f1-28723e7450a0) threw an exception. More information is included below.

Failed to run flow Microsoft.QueryClassificationDictionaryCompilationFlow. Correlation Id: 204b659e-b4be-80df-7568-2af5f06b32d4.

Have tried the following:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/technical-reference/search-in-sharepoint-server#ClassDictUp

- Restarted Search service on search server, but still no luck.

- Restarted timer job on all servers, but no luck.

How to check the connection?

• Modifié wll6568 mercredi 9 mai 2018 01:49
    mercredi 9 mai 2018 01:48
  • Re-run 

PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures -cmd secureresources -cmd services -install

on all servers, all completed successfully without any errors. Restarted servers, still no luck...

mercredi 9 mai 2018 05:46
  • Could this be why?

• Modifié wll6568 mercredi 9 mai 2018 07:05
    mercredi 9 mai 2018 07:03
  • Hi wll6568,

The SharePoint Products section seems a third party add-on for SharePoint server, for the error related to license, I recommend you asking for this third party product support.

For your content search web part issue, please check if there are duplicate content types in sites and subsites through SharePoint Designer->content types. Here is a similar post for your reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/5e24364a-fb88-4171-a9d3-063c6fc029a5/when-i-try-and-change-query-in-the-search-web-part-i-get-a-blank-build-your-query-dialog-how-do?forum=sharepointsearch

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

mercredi 9 mai 2018 07:44
  • It seems like the search issue appear on some web applications but works for some web applications. If it works on one web application, it works for all site collections under it, whereas if it doesn't, then all site collections under it don't have search, with the timezone id console error. 
    vendredi 11 mai 2018 00:44