none
Server 2016 - Unable to add Hyper-V role - Getting error -2144108526 0x80338012 winrm can not connect to destination and fails to start

Question

• Hi,

I am having trouble installing roles and services on my Server 2016 host server.  Is it a stand alone and not a member of a domain.  Specifically, I am trying to install the Hyper-V role.  (Interesting, I already had this role installed but for some reason it was removed.  All of my VMs and their files are still exist on the drive.)  Short story long, I am trying to add the role back to the server.

After searching online, I found some information that I should check the WinRM service to see if it was running.  Using the:

winrm quickconfig

from an elevated command prompt gives me the following error:

C:\Windows\system32>WinRM quickconfig
    WinRM is not set up to receive requests on this machine.
    The following changes must be made:

Start the WinRM service.

Make these changes [y/n]? y

WinRM has been updated to receive requests.

WinRM service started.
    WSManFault
        Message = The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

Error number:  -2144108526 0x80338012
    The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".
    C:\Windows\system32>

Has any one ran into this issue or know what I could try?

Thanks,
    Brian

jeudi 14 juin 2018 15:34

Toutes les réponses