none
Some running Site Workflows do not appear on "Workflows" page

Question

• I have a number of site workflows running (about 9). However, only about 3 of them appear on the site workflows page. I know that they are running and I did select all workflows. I have restarted the farm.

They seemed to start disappearing as I ran multiple tests with a new site workflow. As is there the new tests were pushing the running workflows off the list.

I would like to know why they are missing and how I bring them back.

I have been looking for a management shell command to see the active workflow but most of what I found was related to list workflows. Please help.

mercredi 13 juin 2018 14:14

Toutes les réponses

• Hi CharlesSchmidt, 

From your description, some running Site Workflows do not appear on "Workflows" page.

Where are you referring to the workflow page? Please offer a screenshot about your workflow page.

15 is the maximum number of workflows allowed to be executing against a content database at the same time, excluding instances that are running in the timer service. When this threshold is reached, new requests to activate workflows will be queued to be run by the workflow timer service later.

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/install/software-boundaries-and-limits

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 14 juin 2018 10:04
    Modérateur
  • I am referring to the "Site Workflow" page accessed from the Site Contents page:

It only shows two workflows running. However, I know that there are at least 7 other site workflows running. I am praying that I can find them through PowerShell before one of them suspends and I have no way to terminate it. 

jeudi 14 juin 2018 12:57
  • Hi CharlesSchmidt, 

Were the workflow successfully listed in the completed workflows section finally?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

lundi 18 juin 2018 04:32
    Modérateur
  • Most of the site workflows (9 of 10) check a custom list to see if they should terminate (which directs it to a "Gracefully Terminate" stage). I gracefully terminated all 9 while only 2 were listed under running workflows. Once I restarted them they appeared under running workflows. Since that time the completions are not listed under completed workflows. However, they may have scrolled off and I did not check immediately after termination.

At one point in the past while struggling with performance issues we reduced the log retention. It did seem to impact performance. However, that's where we left it. Do you know if "Running workflows" is based on the contents of the log and log records for initiation "scrolled off" the log?

I have no way to terminate the remaining workflow. I can see the activity in the log using

lundi 25 juin 2018 13:07
  • There must be a PowerShell command  to find/terminate it. Is there another forum I should post this question on?
    mercredi 27 juin 2018 13:07