none
Versioning not working correctly, it is keeping the change record, but not the content

Question

• Hi everyone,

So I just turned on versioning on our staging server, and when I edit a doc a few times, all I see is this:

Does anyone know why this is happening? I really need it to show the details of what happened, we use this for audit info.

Best regards, Mike

mercredi 11 juillet 2018 17:56

Toutes les réponses

• Hi dzitam, 

Per my test, if we change the content of the document or change the name of the document, there is no changed content displayed  in version history. If we change another column such as Title, there is changed content displayed  in version history.

To show the details of what happened, you can set alert on the library. 

Navigate to the library->set alert on the library, create alert like the following:

If there is anything update, it will send an email with the changed content to you. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

jeudi 12 juillet 2018 02:13
    Modérateur
  • Hi Lisa,

SO I think I put in my post that we use this info for the Auditors to be able to see that we are doing everything right, so I really need this to work as advertised.

Best regards, Mike

jeudi 12 juillet 2018 09:52