none
How to change document access into read-only access when start the workflow

Question

• I would like to change the document into read-only access mode when the user start the approval workflow.

Because if the requester changed the document content, then the approval has no meaning.

I searched over internet, seems not possible.

If anyone has good idea, it would be highly appreciated.

jeudi 17 mai 2018 08:54

Toutes les réponses

• Hi Jackson,

For your requirement, assuming you are using SharePoint 2010 platform workflow, before the step which contains"Start Approval Process" action, add an Impersonation Step and insert a ”Replace List Item Permissions“ to remove the permissions on the user that you don't want to have, like the below:

More information about Impersonation Step, you can refer to:

http://shareapointkiran.blogspot.sg/2012/06/addremove-permissions-using-sharepoint.html  

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposé comme réponse Wali666 lundi 28 mai 2018 09:21
    mercredi 23 mai 2018 09:17
    Modérateur
  • Hi Jackson,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

mardi 5 juin 2018 08:39
    Modérateur