none
How to stop workflows notification while doing migration

Question

• Hi,

How to handle workflows notification while doing migration using ShareGate tool.

I've find out some issue while doing migration workflows.

1. Automatically user getting email from destination site

2. Some lists the workflows status is not copied properly from source site.

3. I've find out, First time i was started migration with full content,In this time list workflows notification not triggered. I've find out some items not copied ,So then i would started migration for only on missing items, In this time user getting emails. How to handle this issue in this time.

i will appreciate your help in this matter

Thanks.

jeudi 17 mai 2018 19:25

Réponses

• Hi Suresh,

How are things going?

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer.

Best regards,

Allen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marqué comme réponse Suresh_p41 jeudi 7 juin 2018 08:46
    jeudi 7 juin 2018 06:53

Toutes les réponses

• Hi Suresh,

From you description, you want to disable the email notification while migrating. 

You can remove the all settings from the Outgoing email settings from Web App to disable the email notification. Check the reply by Waqas Sarwar in below article: 

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/103139/disable-all-email-notifications

For Single Web App:

1. Central Administration > Application Management > Manage Web Applications.

2. On this page click on the web application name then from ribbon Select the Outgoing email settings( if click drop down of General settings).

3. Now remove the Outbounf SMTP server name and other settings.

This will disable outgoing emails for the web application.

For the complete farm, you can remove the same setting:

Central admin > System Settings > Configure outgoing e-mail settings. On this page remove all the values.

You can also check if this article is useful to you:

https://www.quest.com/community/products/sharepoint-migration-management/f/forum/13562/workflow-sending-alerts-after-migration

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

vendredi 18 mai 2018 08:35
  • Hi Suresh,

How are things going?

If you think my suggestion is useful, you could mark it as an answer.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

lundi 28 mai 2018 06:29
  • Hi Suresh,

Is there any updte on your issue?

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum. 

Best regards,

Allen

jeudi 31 mai 2018 06:32
  • Hi Allen,

Thanks for your replay.

I think it is not possible to disable the outgoing emails, because <g class="gr_ gr_74 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="74" id="74">i</g> don't have access Central Admin.

I have one task list and OOB workflows attached to this list, So my issues are, The workflow status values not migrated properly.

Ex: I have a source site Project status list, this list having more than 200 items, out of 200 items 100 items is workflows status is completed, Remaining some items is in progress, while doing migration this list it's not copied properly Workflows status values.

vendredi 1 juin 2018 05:28
  • Hi Suresh,

This is by design. During migrating, contents of the workflows which are in progress will not be migrated to new environment. You need to re-run the workflow after migrating.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

mardi 5 juin 2018 06:59
  • Hi Suresh,

How are things going?

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer.

Best regards,

Allen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marqué comme réponse Suresh_p41 jeudi 7 juin 2018 08:46
    jeudi 7 juin 2018 06:53