none
Local Group Policy Not Being Overwritten RRS feed

• שאלה

• I have about 30 workstations that require certain security standards. There are a few workstations that are not following the defined policy 100% (policies not being followed vary). You can not modify it locally so it knows there is a policy being applied, but it is not correct. gpresults shows a success with no issues. I moved the workstation into an OU with very few GPOs and then moved it back. It seemed to take affect for a few boots, but then returned to the incorrect policy. Perhaps I have a misunderstanding about Security Policies. Any help would be great. Thank you,

יום שלישי 16 יולי 2019 14:09

כל התגובות

• Hi,

The order of processing policies is as follow:

1. Local

2. Site

3. Domain

4. OU

the later override the first one (it is general rule), some exceptions exists for example (specifying No override for GPO)

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/musings_of_a_technical_tam/2012/02/15/group-policy-basics-part-2-understanding-which-gpos-to-apply/

Would you please describe your situation for more details to narrow down the problems.

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

יום רביעי 17 יולי 2019 06:28
  • The policy is defined at the OU level. imgur[DOT]com/GiiAVcQ

Here is a screenshot of the offending workstation. imgur[DOT]com/Jr8aPrf

Here are the gpresults for that workstation imgur[DOT]com/kcT5CH5

I'm guessing it it must have something to do with the workstation and not Group Policy.

Thanks!

• נערך על-ידי VaughnSch יום רביעי 17 יולי 2019 14:13
    יום רביעי 17 יולי 2019 14:10
  • Hi,

Sorry for can't load your gpresult and screenshot.

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

יום חמישי 18 יולי 2019 06:16
  • Hi,

Sorry for can't load your gpresult and screenshot.

Best Regards,

Fan

Does this one work? i[DOT]imgur[DOT]com/kcT5CH5.jpg
    יום חמישי 18 יולי 2019 13:45
  • Hi,

Or you can tell me which policy did you deployed , and how did you do that ?

Best Regards,

Fan

יום שישי 19 יולי 2019 01:52
  • Sorry, i'm not exactly sure what you are asking.

Thanks,

יום רביעי 24 יולי 2019 14:44
  • Hi,

I am sorry not to make it clear.

When you said Local Group Policy Not Being Overwritten, i want to know which policy did you deploy?

And the procedure you did that .

If possible , you can upload that to onedrive and share a link here.

Best Regards,

Fan

יום חמישי 25 יולי 2019 07:25