none
Work Folders - Every file "Failed to Synchronize an item" RRS feed

• שאלה

• Hello,

I've been having a few issues in recent months where Work Folders has started to stop syncing correctly. The Control Panel UI will sit their 'Synchrnosing' and the Operational Event Log fills up with thousands of warnings of files not being able to be created.

These warnings related to every single file of the users work folder that's currently sat on our Windows 2012 R2 server, and each warning states that "SSA_CREATE: Error Code: (0x80070003) The system cannot find the path specified.".

No files are downloaded from the users WorkFolder Share.

The user can log on successfuly to the Work Folders URL path so it doesn't seem to be an authentication issue. The files are all present on the server for every single warning i've read.

I'm looking for some help or guidance as to what could be the issue - is there any way of finding more logs? or avenues for discovering the issue? This has so far happened to 4 of my users this year, all with the same issue, they could sync perfectly fine when it was first configured, but eventually files would not sync across computers with the same warnings appearing on each client.

Server indicates that the sync partnerships is correct. But as a test I have performed Repair-SyncShare on the affected user - but with no success.

יום רביעי 27 מרץ 2019 11:59

כל התגובות

• Hi,

For the detailed information about the Synchronization, please refer to the articles below:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/filecab/2013/07/10/work-folders-test-lab-deployment/

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/filecab/2013/10/15/monitoring-windows-server-2012-r2-work-folders-deployments/

If there is no progress of the issue, I would suggest you contact Microsoft CSS, who can guide you to capture the debug traces for further investigation.

Best regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

יום חמישי 28 מרץ 2019 02:57
    מנחה דיון
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Travis

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

יום חמישי 04 אפריל 2019 07:05
    מנחה דיון
  • Hi,

Apologies for the delay - I was never alerted to your previous reply. I will review the links you have provided and get back to you.

יום חמישי 04 אפריל 2019 08:30

• Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Best Regards,

Travis

יום שני 08 אפריל 2019 03:22
    מנחה דיון
  • Did you find a solution?

We've got the same problem with a few users but not all of them. Some users can't sync any files but folders are syncing. In the clients event viewer we also find for every file the error "SSA_CREATE: Error Code: (0x80070003) The system cannot find the path specified.". At the server side we don’t find any issues in the SyncShare event viewer.

We figured out it has something to do with the Folder Redirections of the Windows Known folders to the local Work Folders folder (C:\users\%username%\Work Folders). When we disable Folder Redirection and clean the user profile the user can sync files without issues.

On the other hand we figured out that if the user logs in with folder redirections GPO disabled, sync the Work Folders, log out, we enable the folder redirection GPO again, user logs in again and the Work Folders stays functional without an issue.

What we have ruled out so far is the Work Folder On Demand Disabled or Enabled
    Also, we disabled all other GPO’s to test if there is a conflict. We only configured the Folder Redirection and Work Folders GPO.

We are using Windows 10 1903 with latest updates and Server 2019 1809 with the Work Folders role.
    יום שישי 04 אוקטובר 2019 10:57
  • Did you ever end up finding a solution to this problem?

We are experiencing the same issue (and workaround) as you.

יום ראשון 10 נובמבר 2019 01:41