none
How to disable offline files by users RRS feed

• שאלה

• Hi,

we are currently testing a migration to work folders instead of Offline Files

All is working except I can't find a way to disable offline files usage by users.

The gpo "allow or disallow use of the offline files feature" can't be used because it's only a computer gpo and we have shared computers so all users will not be migrated at the same time.

I have try to use the user gpo : "Specify administratively assigned offline files" and set it to disabled for users that have been migrated to workfolders but it doesn't seem to work

GPO description :

If you disable this policy setting, the list of files or folders made always available offline (including those inherited from lower precedence GPOs) is deleted and no files or folders are made available for offline use by Group Policy (though users can still specify their own files and folders for offline use).

the gpo is applied but when i go sync center  I still see the folder :

I have look in registry, the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache is empty ...

Thanks for your help

יום רביעי 17 יולי 2019 08:02

כל התגובות

• Hello,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

After a lot of my research, we can try to enable "Specify administratively assigned offline files" policy, but specify a unavailable UNC path. According to the policy description, the policy may meet our needs.

>>I have look in registry, the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache is empty ...

In addition, the registry path is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetCache\AssignedOfflineFolders

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

יום חמישי 18 יולי 2019 08:31
    מנחה דיון
  • Hi,

I have verify HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetCache\AssignedOfflineFolders

it's empty too

I will try to modify my GPO and set a non existing path 

יום חמישי 18 יולי 2019 11:53
  • Doesn't work...

The GPO is applied with only the fake path :

but computer still try to sync to old path !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

יום חמישי 18 יולי 2019 13:08
  • Hi,
    I'm so sad to hear that.

After discussed with my colleague, we will suggest you submit a case request with Microsoft or create a new thread in third part forum to see if there has other way to disable Offline files for specified users.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

יום שני 22 יולי 2019 10:58
    מנחה דיון