none
Softphone over ThinClient RRS feed

• שאלה

• Hello

Is there anybody who using any Sofphone like (like microsip) on ThinClient ?

I´m trying to deploy microsip to Windows Server 2019 session host, where hosts are connected via Dell ThinClient with ThinOS, but there are still problems with using - session dropping, sometimes delays.

Are there any settings which must be set or its useless ?

Thank you

יום שני 21 אוקטובר 2019 08:43

כל התגובות

• You need to talk to the vendor of the product you are trying to use.  Third party products are not supported by Microsoft.

tim

יום שני 21 אוקטובר 2019 14:51
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

It seems that your question is more relate to the third party product. I want to help you but I'm sorry it's not familiar to me. We recommend that you contact your device supplier about your question.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

יום שני 21 אוקטובר 2019 15:14
    מנחה דיון
  • Thanks for reply, tryied to contact DELL, but they still dont know how to solve this (interesting reply from support).

I just want to know if there is any possibilieties to use this wil Dell ThinClients with ThinOS.

I dont know if dropping session is related by ThinOS or by our terminal server, maybe gateway ? Because there are no logs in any side of HW. But, using PC with windows, softphone working, but when we´re using ThinClients, session dropping sometimes.

יום שלישי 22 אוקטובר 2019 06:53
  • "using PC with windows, softphone working, but when we´re using ThinClients, session dropping sometimes."

That pretty much validates what was suggested earlier - you need to work with the third party.  If it is working with Microsoft components and stops working when non-Microsoft components are added, the onus is on the third-party to find the solution.  OEMs like DELL have engineering relationships with Microsoft.  That means that DELL can work an issue like this in conjunction with a DELL support case.  Sounds like you need to keep pressure on DELL.

tim

יום שלישי 22 אוקטובר 2019 15:44
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Eric

יום רביעי 30 אוקטובר 2019 17:32
    מנחה דיון