none
Network Configuration on Windows Server 2016 RRS feed

• שאלה

• Hey,

I have a server which has 2 physical NICs and with a team at the O/S level. I would like to create multiple vNICs on this teamed interface to segregate the traffic. How can this be achieved? It is NOT a Hyper-V host. 

Best regards,

יום שלישי 29 אוקטובר 2019 14:58

תשובות

• Hi,

>>I would like to create multiple vNICs on this teamed interface to segregate the traffic. How can this be achieved? 

You can configure multiple VLANs on a single network interface to segregate the traffic.

When additional team interfaces are created within a team, each additional interface is configured with a particular VLAN ID.  Once configured, any VLAN traffic that matches the VLAN ID of a team interface is segregated to that team interface.  

If you want to create multiple vNICs, you must create in a Hyper-V environment.

You can refer the following articles about  VLANS and vNICs:

VLAN Tricks with NICs – Teaming & Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012

Should I create a new team interface or vNIC?

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

יום רביעי 30 אוקטובר 2019 09:48

כל התגובות

• Hi,

>>I would like to create multiple vNICs on this teamed interface to segregate the traffic. How can this be achieved? 

You can configure multiple VLANs on a single network interface to segregate the traffic.

When additional team interfaces are created within a team, each additional interface is configured with a particular VLAN ID.  Once configured, any VLAN traffic that matches the VLAN ID of a team interface is segregated to that team interface.  

If you want to create multiple vNICs, you must create in a Hyper-V environment.

You can refer the following articles about  VLANS and vNICs:

VLAN Tricks with NICs – Teaming & Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012

Should I create a new team interface or vNIC?

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

יום רביעי 30 אוקטובר 2019 09:48
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Ellen

יום חמישי 31 אוקטובר 2019 07:00
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Yes it was very helpful! Let me test this out. Thank you Ellen. 
    שבת 02 נובמבר 2019 17:42