none
SCCM Query to find SSD hard drives?

תשובות

• See, Jason's reply on similar discussion

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrai/thread/d002c34b-aeb3-4366-90c3-d3090300d142

"To my knowledge, Windows has no way of explicitly identifying the two apart and thus ConfigMgr has no way either - a hard disk is a hard disk is a hard disk.

Depending on how many models of SSDs you have deployed in your organization, you could identify the SSDs by either caption or PNPDeviceID though (both from Win32_DiskDrive) -- caption is not collected by default so if you were going to use that you'd have to enable it in SMS_DEF.mof."

Anoop C Nair - Twitter @anoopmannur

MY BLOG:  http://anoopmannur.wordpress.com

SCCM Professionals

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

• נערך על-ידי Anoop C NairMVP יום רביעי 07 דצמבר 2011 03:00
    • סומן כתשובה על-ידי Yog Li יום רביעי 21 דצמבר 2011 08:13
    יום רביעי 07 דצמבר 2011 03:00
  • I can find the models number by using:

select SMS_G_System_DISK.Model from  SMS_R_System inner joinSMS_G_System_DISK on SMS_G_System_DISK.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId order by SMS_G_System_DISK.Model

I'm having trouble adding a "filter" to that to only include certain strings, can anyone help? I tried using a WHERE clause to add =/like to only include the strings i need.

EDIT: I figured out where to add the WHERE Clause!

Thanks for everything,

Brad

• נערך על-ידי bwiens יום חמישי 08 דצמבר 2011 23:33
    יום חמישי 08 דצמבר 2011 23:11

כל התגובות

• See, Jason's reply on similar discussion

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrai/thread/d002c34b-aeb3-4366-90c3-d3090300d142

"To my knowledge, Windows has no way of explicitly identifying the two apart and thus ConfigMgr has no way either - a hard disk is a hard disk is a hard disk.

Depending on how many models of SSDs you have deployed in your organization, you could identify the SSDs by either caption or PNPDeviceID though (both from Win32_DiskDrive) -- caption is not collected by default so if you were going to use that you'd have to enable it in SMS_DEF.mof."

Anoop C Nair - Twitter @anoopmannur

MY BLOG:  http://anoopmannur.wordpress.com

SCCM Professionals

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

• נערך על-ידי Anoop C NairMVP יום רביעי 07 דצמבר 2011 03:00
    יום רביעי 07 דצמבר 2011 03:00
  • ConfigMgr can only report what the OS knows about the hardware and to my knowledge there is nothing different about about what it knows about SSDs compared to standard HDDs. It does use some heuristics to try to determine if a system drive is an SSD to disable things like disk defrag and SuperFetch as outlined at http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sanderberkouwer/archive/2010/09/27/windows-7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx but I don't know of where you could actually query this info.

WMI does not contain this info. You could use model numbers although that might be a big challenge depending on the size of your environment.

Jason | http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/members/jasonsandys/ | Twitter @JasonSandys
    יום רביעי 07 דצמבר 2011 03:12
    מנחה דיון
  • Can't say it's precise way ....but this is how we managed to get data about SSD Hard Drive..

------

select
    sys.netbios_name0, dsk.model0, dsk.mediatype0, Name0, Size0, sys.user_name0, temp.model0
    from v_r_system_valid sys
    INNER JOIN v_GS_DISK dsk ON sys.resourceid = dsk.resourceid AND
    dsk.MediaType0 LIKE '%Fixed hard disk%' AND
     (dsk.model0 LIKE '%intel%' OR dsk.model0 LIKE '%kingston%' OR dsk.model0 LIKE '%ocz%' )
    LEFT OUTER JOIN
    (select GSC.Manufacturer0 as [Manufacturer], GSC.model0,GSC.Domainrole0 as [Machine Role], 
    GSC.Domainrole0, GSC.resourceID, v_GS_System_Enclosure.chassistypes0
     from v_GS_COMPUTER_SYSTEM as GSC
     join v_GS_System_Enclosure on GSC.resourceID = v_GS_System_Enclosure.resourceID
    ) as temp on temp.resourceID = sys.resourceID
    WHERE sys.Operating_System_Name_and0  like '%workstation%'

-------

Regards, Sachin
    יום חמישי 08 דצמבר 2011 08:18
  • I can find the models number by using:

select SMS_G_System_DISK.Model from  SMS_R_System inner joinSMS_G_System_DISK on SMS_G_System_DISK.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId order by SMS_G_System_DISK.Model

I'm having trouble adding a "filter" to that to only include certain strings, can anyone help? I tried using a WHERE clause to add =/like to only include the strings i need.

EDIT: I figured out where to add the WHERE Clause!

Thanks for everything,

Brad

• נערך על-ידי bwiens יום חמישי 08 דצמבר 2011 23:33
    יום חמישי 08 דצמבר 2011 23:11
  • I could do it with following query:

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_DISK on SMS_G_System_DISK.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_DISK.PNPDeviceID like "IDE\\DISKINTEL_SSD%"

יום שישי 07 דצמבר 2012 13:05
  • How to get SSD firmware version in order to make a determination to upgrade drives
    יום שישי 20 ינואר 2017 10:42
  • Slight adjustment to make it generic worked nicely for me:

change where SMS_G_System_DISK.PNPDeviceID like "%SSD%"

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_DISK on SMS_G_System_DISK.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_DISK.PNPDeviceID like "%SSD%"

יום חמישי 05 יולי 2018 10:28