none
Managing Linux in a Microsoft environment RRS feed

• שאלה

• We are a "Microsoft-shop" in that our servers run Windows Server, our desktops run Windows Enterprise, our databases are hosted in SQL Server, our mail is Exchange Server, our collaboration software is SharePoint, our productivity software is Office Professional Plus, and of course, Active Directory handles the directory, DNS and DHCP among many other things.  We use WSUS to ensure all servers and clients have all their patches.  On "Patch Tuesday" we being installing all the latest patches and by that Sunday are 100% updated.  I'm very familiar with all things Microsoft.

On the flip-side, i'm completely ignorant when it comes to Linux and anything that runs on Linux.  I know we have it running in our environment but couldn't point out exactly where, nor could tell you what vendor/version of Linux we are running.  I couldn't tell you which ones are pure Linux and which ones are packaged as part of another product.  I am aware of when there are vulnerabilities posted regarding Linux and at least want to track when patches are needed on our Linux machines.  What is a good way for a Microsoft administrator to take inventory of what Linux-based systems are running in our environment?  Are there Microsoft-based tools that can scan all IP addresses and notate what operating systems are running at each IP?  Or easy to use third-party tools that could detect all instances of Linux in our environment and give me enough info to know when i should look into patching those instances?  Please advise.  Thanks! 

יום שלישי 20 אוגוסט 2019 13:30

כל התגובות

• I think you should check for lansweeper, that tool can get info for linux based machines. 

Check out their knowledge base articles to get more details.

https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/

S_K_P

יום שלישי 20 אוגוסט 2019 23:31