none
Azure with local SQL Server RRS feed

• שאלה

• I'm building a system in which I want to use Azure Compute and Storage.

However, I want my WorkerRoles to work against a local SQL Server database that sits on campus.

In essence it means that my WorkerRole will read once a day from the local SQL Server and then write to files in Azure Storage (CDN).

Is this technically possible?

Thanks,

Gilad..

יום רביעי 13 יוני 2012 11:53

תשובות

• You have several options depending on your needs:

1. Use data sync to synchronize your on-premises sql server with a sql azure database (or whatever they are called now)
    2. Use the new virtual network feature to create a vpn between your local server and azure roles (in case you do not want to use sql azure)
    3. create a local service (using wcf for example)  and access it from azure using the service bus (or directly if you like)

• סומן כתשובה על-ידי GiladG יום רביעי 13 יוני 2012 14:11
    יום רביעי 13 יוני 2012 13:12
    מנחה דיון

כל התגובות

• You have several options depending on your needs:

1. Use data sync to synchronize your on-premises sql server with a sql azure database (or whatever they are called now)
    2. Use the new virtual network feature to create a vpn between your local server and azure roles (in case you do not want to use sql azure)
    3. create a local service (using wcf for example)  and access it from azure using the service bus (or directly if you like)

• סומן כתשובה על-ידי GiladG יום רביעי 13 יוני 2012 14:11
    יום רביעי 13 יוני 2012 13:12
    מנחה דיון
  • Thanks Yaniv.

Is it possible to write to Azure Storage from a local service or only from an Worker/Web Role?

Cheers,

Gilad.

יום רביעי 13 יוני 2012 14:11
  • you can access azure storage from any process (not only .net) since it exposes HTTP based API. take a look at this samples:

http://azurestoragesamples.codeplex.com/

יום רביעי 13 יוני 2012 21:57
    מנחה דיון