none
trouble with isscript1150.msi

שאלה

• So I am pushing out a msi file (client.msi) that has a prequisite of installing isscript1150.msi.  Isscript1150.msi pushes fine and installs.  I beleive the problem is the computers are trying to use a previous isscript installer to launch client.msi.   On a test machine if I run msiexec.exe /i client.msi /qn in command line it works great, but not from sccm.  I have the program for client.msi set to run with admin rights.  Is there something i need to do in the program properties under the windows installer tab?
    יום רביעי 18 יולי 2012 14:36

תשובות

• Hi

This is a bug in isscript. It appears in several versions of the software,

what happens is that when installing, isscript sets the install to run as the interactive user, not the user that launched the process, if you happen to be admin it will work, otherwise not.

If isscript is already installed you will need to remove the Runas key for the process on the machine, as it won't be fixed by reinstalling on top of it. In order to have a clean environment from the start I choose to fix all the isscript msi files to remove the offending changes when necessary and preinstall them on the machines.

Here is an extract from ITNinja about the solution

The solution is to first install isscriptXX.msi for computers that don't have it. Then delete the RunAs registry values: HKCR\AppID\{GUID}\Runas

The GUID is the Application ID of the InstallShield DCOM objects,
    which can be found using C:\Windows\system32\dcomcnfg.exe

However i would advise to fix the packages themselves.

here is another url from adobe that explains how to fix it for their install program, but this should get you in the right way.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/msi-installation-fails-flash-player.html

Hope it helps.

bruno

יום שישי 20 יולי 2012 08:23
  • Found another work around.  Instead of letting SCCM handle the command, I set the SCCM program to just be a vb script that launches the msi from a shared location.  Probably not the best way but it worked.
    יום שישי 20 יולי 2012 12:20

כל התגובות

• I've tried importing isscript1150.msi in the windows installer tab and no luck.  I still get a sccm error code of 1603.

• נערך על-ידי KILBRI יום רביעי 18 יולי 2012 14:46
    יום רביעי 18 יולי 2012 14:46
  • 1603 is a generic msi error. You have to examine the msi logfile in order to find the cause for the error. You can also add /l*v c:\whatever\logfile.log to the msiexec command line to get detailed logging information.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

יום רביעי 18 יולי 2012 16:13
    מנחה דיון
  • : ISMsiServerStartup Failure, Failed to Initialize script support, Error = 0x80070006
    1: MsiServerStartup failed. Abort installation.
    Action ended 13:35:20: ISMsiServerStartup. Return value 1603.

It has to be something with SCCM and not seeing the updated engine that i installed with the isscript1150.msi.

If I run from a command line it works but on that same machine it won't work though sccm.

I've found other similiar postings that were resloved by changing the idenity of installshield installdriver properties to "the launching user." But this hasn't helped.

• נערך על-ידי KILBRI יום רביעי 18 יולי 2012 18:46
    יום רביעי 18 יולי 2012 18:21
  • Hi

This is a bug in isscript. It appears in several versions of the software,

what happens is that when installing, isscript sets the install to run as the interactive user, not the user that launched the process, if you happen to be admin it will work, otherwise not.

If isscript is already installed you will need to remove the Runas key for the process on the machine, as it won't be fixed by reinstalling on top of it. In order to have a clean environment from the start I choose to fix all the isscript msi files to remove the offending changes when necessary and preinstall them on the machines.

Here is an extract from ITNinja about the solution

The solution is to first install isscriptXX.msi for computers that don't have it. Then delete the RunAs registry values: HKCR\AppID\{GUID}\Runas

The GUID is the Application ID of the InstallShield DCOM objects,
    which can be found using C:\Windows\system32\dcomcnfg.exe

However i would advise to fix the packages themselves.

here is another url from adobe that explains how to fix it for their install program, but this should get you in the right way.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/msi-installation-fails-flash-player.html

Hope it helps.

bruno

יום שישי 20 יולי 2012 08:23
  • Found another work around.  Instead of letting SCCM handle the command, I set the SCCM program to just be a vb script that launches the msi from a shared location.  Probably not the best way but it worked.
    יום שישי 20 יולי 2012 12:20
  • Hi KILBRI,

I know this post is a bit old now but could you please describe how you performed your operation to make it work from the SCCM server ?
    For instance, have you set a deployment using a script installer with a script calling the UNC path to the installer directly ?

Thanks in advance.

Fred

יום שישי 01 יוני 2018 00:24