none
.xml association file for two versions of office RRS feed

• שאלה

• Hi.

We have a bunch of PCs with Office 2019 and an other bunch with 2016. 

I was wondering whether there's a way to specify both in a file association .xml file through the File Exporer set default associations GPO template so that depending on which of the two is present it will assign that version to the mailto protocol.

Does anyone know if this would work if I add two lines to the .xml mentioning both versions? Will it just assign it to whichever of the two is present?

Thanks.

יום שישי 12 יולי 2019 13:19

כל התגובות

• Hi,

I would like to do a lab to test it .If there are any progresses ,i would update here.

Thanks for your patience .

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

יום שני 15 יולי 2019 09:03
  • Hi,

I tried to export the .xml from 2016 and 2013, i found the content was the same .(and it is just for part of the word )

I would recommend you try to export the ,xml from 2019 and 2016 to see what's the different first.

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

יום שלישי 16 יולי 2019 08:48
  • Hi,

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Fan

יום חמישי 18 יולי 2019 09:15