Lync 2010 IM integration with OWA doesn't work for externally connected users RRS feed

• שאלה

• Users connected to OWA externally can´t use Lync 2010 IM and Presence features. Internally connected OWA users don't have this problem.
    We don't use wildcard certificates in any of the Lync servers as well as in any of the Exchange servers, however we use a wildcard certificate on the reverse proxy. May I use Lync IM integration with OWA externally with this kind of certificate in the reverse proxy?
    יום שני 08 אפריל 2013 19:16

תשובות

כל התגובות

• נערך על-ידי Raju_raju יום שלישי 09 אפריל 2013 08:19
    • סומן כתשובה על-ידי Lisa.zheng יום שני 06 מאי 2013 02:18
    יום שלישי 09 אפריל 2013 08:19
  • There is no support for a wildcard entry as the subject name (also referred to as the common name or CN) for any role. Wildcard SAN entry is supported for simple URL publishing certificate of reverse proxy.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

יום שלישי 09 אפריל 2013 08:22
  • Maybe I'm missing something here... You kindly point me to a direction that states that the FQDN used to define the Trusted Application in Lync Topology needs to match the subject name in the Exchange OWA cert, which cannot contain a wildcard.

Well, Exchange OWA certificate doesn’t contain a wildcard, in fact, Reverse Proxy is the only place where a Wildcard certificate is used for simple URLs (and some other resources not related with Lync or Exchange). But in my topology the FQDN defined in the Trusted Application and the FQDN of the Exchange OWA subject name are in fact different.  

Lync Trusted Application FQDN: cas.domain.local

Exchange OWA Cert subject name: webmail.domain.com

If I try to define a new Lync Trusted Application with this public FQDN, I receive a warning that the name doesn't exist in Active Directory. If this is a condition to external users have Lync IM and Presence in their OWA sessions how can I achieve this?

יום שלישי 09 אפריל 2013 10:44
  • You can’t use the domain.com in your topology and there is no need to do.

You just need to add the FQDN of Exchange Server to the certificate.

This problem sometimes is related with the browser. Try to use another browser.

You should also check the traffic is not blocked by the firewall.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• נערך על-ידי Lisa.zheng יום שני 15 אפריל 2013 10:44
    • הוצע כתשובה על-ידי Lisa.zheng יום חמישי 02 מאי 2013 12:06
    יום שני 15 אפריל 2013 10:20