none
Disable Windows Update Notifications logon screen RRS feed

• שאלה

• I want to set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\UpdatesAvailableForInstallLogon to 0, I have it in a Group Policy Preference, but I when I restart the Windows Update Service the value comes back with a value. How can I set it permanently that when I restart the Windows Update Service the value of UpdatesAvailableForInstallLogon stays at 0

יום שישי 12 יולי 2019 08:29

כל התגובות

• You can try set it from GPO

Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update

"No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic update installations" Enable this setting 

Joseph Ndlovu

יום שישי 12 יולי 2019 12:36
  • Hi,

I have done the test. After enable "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic update installations" setting, windows update notifications on logon screen will be disabled and the registry UpdatesAvailableForInstallLogon will stay at 0.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

יום שלישי 16 יולי 2019 09:56
    מנחה דיון
  • Hi,
    Was your issue solved?
    If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

יום שני 22 יולי 2019 16:51
    מנחה דיון