none
SCCM 2007 R2 pre-requisites question RRS feed

• שאלה

• Hi,

I am installing SCCM 2007 R2 on Windows 2003 Stnd SP2. The setup is basically a single site server and we would like to place the SQL Database in a remote SQL Server.

I have been fixing all the pre-requisites warning/errors, however I am missing these two:

1.) The MMC = I have downloaded and install the patch but the warning doesn't seem to get fixed.

This software update addresses several MMC errors that may occur when running the Configuration Manager console. This update should be applied if any of the following occur: Configuration Manager console stops responding when the host computer is low on available memory, context menu errors on console home pages, or inconsistent display after drag-and-drop operations do not succeed. More information about this update is available at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=98349.

2.) SQL Security Mode - I can't change the SQL Security Mode for the SQL server, it's hosting other databases and that change will not be supported for others.

The SQL Server name specified is configured for SQL authentication security. It is recommended to configure the SQL Server to operate only  in Windows authentication security before continuing Configuration Manager Setup.

1.) Is there any way to fix warning 1?

2.) Is it going to be a problem if I don't change the SQL security mode?

יום חמישי 14 ינואר 2010 18:37

תשובות

• Those are just warnings that should be solved. Only errors would prevent an installation.
    1) I think that's because the hotfix registers itself in the registry using kb-bla-V2 oder -V3 so that the prereq checker does not recognize it. Just ignore that warning if you've installed that hotfix already
    2) It doesn't matter. It's only security best practise to use windows auth.
    • הוצע כתשובה על-ידי Jason SandysMVP, Moderator יום חמישי 14 ינואר 2010 20:26
    • סומן כתשובה על-ידי msquestion יום חמישי 14 ינואר 2010 21:35
    יום חמישי 14 ינואר 2010 18:43
    מנחה דיון