none
unable to access network share RRS feed

• שאלה

• This might be a tough one to wrap your head around but I will do my best to explain it. 

I have a 4 node cluster with separate isolated infiniband network for storage. all the nodes and 2 extra file server have access to the infiniband network on the 192.168.1.x network they also have a 172.16.50.x network for normal traffic. the domain controllers only have the 172.16.50.x network and cant see the storage network. 

when accessing storage from a node you cannot use names as it always default to the gigabit connection on the 172.16.50.x network. that's to be expected. however up until recently i had no problems using the IP of a servers 40gb card and accessing storage that way. but now I have a single server thats not playing ball but only on the 40gb network.

real quick server 1 192.168.1.11, server 2 192.1638.1.12 server 3 192.168.1.9

server 1 > server 2 = works

server 1> server 3 = We can't sign you with this credential because your domain isn't available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's network and try again

however server 3 > server 1 = works

and if you use the 1gb network on 172.16.50.x it all works.

there is nothing other than an IP defined on the 40gb network. no gateway or dns and never has been and its always just worked.

the only weirdness is that server 3 is 2012 r2 and all others are 2019. I have restarted everything and gotten no where but then noticed that my plex server maps a drive using the 192.168.1.x network and it works.... so its windows explorer being weird?

• הועבר על-ידי Dave PatrickMVP יום ראשון 03 נובמבר 2019 03:09
    יום ראשון 03 נובמבר 2019 01:20

תשובות

• We got it fixed. turns out it was something to do with the network adapter config on server 3. it seemed to be able to see the domain controls but for some reason all the other servers fail authentication when connecting to it. we swapped out the adapter an setup network identical to the old one and now everything works.
    • סומן כתשובה על-ידי guentha יום רביעי 13 נובמבר 2019 19:24
    יום רביעי 13 נובמבר 2019 19:24

כל התגובות

• Hi ,

>>I have restarted everything and gotten no where but then noticed that my plex server maps a drive using the 192.168.1.x network and it works.... so its windows explorer being weird?

I am a bit confused about this sentence. Did you meant that server 3 (2012 R2) can access the share by using a Mapped Drive, but cannot access the file by UNC Format? Please feel free to let me know , if my understanding is wrong.

Also check the event log to see if there are something related for us to troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

יום שני 04 נובמבר 2019 08:44
    מנחה דיון
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                  

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

יום חמישי 07 נובמבר 2019 05:28
    מנחה דיון
  • sorry about the confusion. yes pelx runs on server 1 and while I cant get to server 3 from sever 1 in explorer, for some reason the plex program can map its own drive internaly and access the files (this is not a windows map)

what even weirder is plex tries to access several shares with its internal mapping but only the first 2 worked. the rest give an error in the logs "We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's network and try again. If you previously signed in on this device with another credential, you can sign in with that credential"

there are 3 working domain controllers and strangely its says clusterstore is available on the 40gb network however no dns points to that. there is no dns on the 40gb network.

PS C:\Users\sguenther> nltest /dsgetdc:guentha
               DC: \\CLUSTERSTORE
          Address: \\192.168.1.10
         Dom Guid: 729e63fa-e8dc-4518-9a64-9d534be99931
         Dom Name: GUENTHA
      Forest Name: Guentha.com
     Dc Site Name: Default-First-Site-Name
    Our Site Name: Default-First-Site-Name
            Flags: GC DS LDAP KDC TIMESERV WRITABLE DNS_FOREST CLOSE_SITE FULL_SECRET WS DS_8 DS_9 DS_10
    The command completed successfully

יום חמישי 07 נובמבר 2019 17:38
  • We got it fixed. turns out it was something to do with the network adapter config on server 3. it seemed to be able to see the domain controls but for some reason all the other servers fail authentication when connecting to it. we swapped out the adapter an setup network identical to the old one and now everything works.
    • סומן כתשובה על-ידי guentha יום רביעי 13 נובמבר 2019 19:24
    יום רביעי 13 נובמבר 2019 19:24
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your posting here and sharing the resolution in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Candy

יום חמישי 14 נובמבר 2019 01:42
    מנחה דיון