none
problem moving mailbox RRS feed

• שאלה

• I am trying to move my CEO mailbox from exchange 2007 to exchange 2010 with no luck

and all the tools that I used like isinteg and eseutil didn’t help as well.

So I export the mailbox to pst file and now I have problem to import it to the new exchange 2010 server.

When The mailbox still connected to the user on exchange 2007 I got this error:

[PS] C:\>New-MailboxImportRequest -Mailbox amirtest -FilePath \\ex2010\c$\amirtest1.pst

Database 'EX2007\SpeedBit Storage Group\db1' is hosted on server 'EX2007.speedbit.co.il' (version Version 8.3 (Build 83.0)).

This server version is not supported for this type of request.

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (amirtest:MailboxOrMailUserIdParameter) [New-MailboxImportRequest], DatabaseVersion...manentException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : D520BCA6,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.NewMailboxImportRequest

I disconnected the mailbox from the user by disable the mailbox (the mailbox still exist in the “disconnected mailbox” folder) and now I got this error:

[PS] C:\>New-MailboxImportRequest -Mailbox amirtest -FilePath \\ex2010\c$\amirtest1.pst

The operation couldn't be performed because object 'amirtest' couldn't be found on 'DC12008.speedbit.co.il'.

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [New-MailboxImportRequest], ManagementObjectNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 1721942,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.NewMailboxImportRequest

Please advise what I am doing wrong and how could I import mailbox that has problem with the moving process.

יום רביעי 29 דצמבר 2010 10:39

כל התגובות

• hi amir,

the 1st isuue i cant tell why but the 2nd is easy the user is disabled :)

but i can give you advice, did you try to import the PST via outlook?

create clean profile and connect to clen mailbox of that user and import using the outlook.

good luck

lipaz@yazamco.co.il, נא לשנן כתובת זו למקרים קשים :)
    יום רביעי 29 דצמבר 2010 14:08