none
Roaming profiles RRS feed

• שאלה

• hi all 

i want to implement a new roaming GPO but i have a question abut ( enable roaming on primary computer ) 

if i assign group's in primary computer attribute on the domain (msDS-PrimaryComputer ) that mean the same user will have more than one primary computer this will effect the roaming GPO .

i work in a company that have a lot off users which they work also in shifts and they use every computer and im palning to delete profiles on non user primary computer ( the main case is my PC's Storage is full and i need roaming in same time )

יום שלישי 16 יולי 2019 08:36

כל התגובות

• Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

As far as I know, if we assign primary computer for users, it can make folder redirection and roaming profile only apply to primary computer when user logon. And we can assign more than one primary computer for users or groups.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

יום רביעי 17 יולי 2019 06:52
    מנחה דיון
  • hey thank you for your reply 

i do the lap and test and everything is okay but i face a new issue :

when i enable in GPO (Delete user profiles older than a specified number of days on system restart) the user profiles apple in the computer for first login and in the second log in the user profile didnt sync to file server and i face the error below :

.V6\NTUSER.DAT which has timestamp Year: 2019, Month 7, Day 18, Hour 10, Minute 13 was not copied to C:\Users\****\NTUSER.DAT which has timestamp Year: 2019, Month 7, Day 18, Hour 10, Minute 33 since it is older than the file it would be overwriting.

error event id 69 user profiles 

יום חמישי 18 יולי 2019 11:02
  • Hi,
    Check if the time is the same or different on file server and the computer user logged on.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

יום שישי 19 יולי 2019 11:54
    מנחה דיון
  • yes its same we have ntp server connected to domain and publish the time through gpo 

and i have a roaming profiles on the same server but i need to rebuild it regarding to add quota to every user since the devices storage are full now from roaming profiles 

• נערך על-ידי ahmad alhendi יום שישי 19 יולי 2019 14:23
    יום שישי 19 יולי 2019 14:10
  • Hi,
    I am sorry for the late reply.

If the same user logon to the same computer, then the situation we described above may be due to network problems, which caused the second user's local data not to be uploaded to the file server when the user logs out.

We can think about it this way:

1. The user logon to one client, then it download the user profile from the network path.  
    Let's assume it is 10:00 AM now.

2. The user logoff and the user data will be upload to 
    the user profile on the network path. Let's assume it is 10:15 AM now.

The user logon to the same client again, then it download the user profile from the network path again (it is the data at 10:15).  Let's assume it is 10:30 AM now.

The user logoff again and the user data should be upload to the user profile on the network path again, but maybe due to network issue, the user data does not upload to  the user profile on the network pathLet's assume it is 10:45 AM now.

The user logon to the same client the third time, then the local user data is newer than the user profile on the network path, as we described above, it will not copy the data on network path. Let's assume it is 11:00 AM now.

We can troubleshoot as below:

1.Check if the network connection is stable all the time.

2.We can try to check if all the users or all the client computers or any primary computer will occur the issue above.

3.Or the above situation is only an accidental time.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

יום רביעי 24 יולי 2019 02:35
    מנחה דיון
  • Hi,
    If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

יום שני 29 יולי 2019 08:51
    מנחה דיון