none
Outook Prompting for password

Pertanyaan

• Im a bit angry with Microsoft at the moment but here goes,

I've been using Microsoft's email product ever since they bought MS-Mail from network courier, and IMO things have progressively gone downhill.

Why is it that outlook no matter what continues to prompt for a password at every stage it can? even though your have clicked the "remember password button"?

It's like it has amnesia, I've had to disable dual factor authentication as having to enter the application password was laborious! 

if i run cmdkey i can see that my password is being saved, but still it prompts whenever there's a glitch with a connection to the office365 servers?

Does anyone know of an app that could enter the password automatically or know any secret switch to actually get the remember password button to work?  (or is Microsoft saving this for an Outlook 2020 feature?

14 Juli 2018 9:56

Semua Balasan

• if i run cmdkey i can see that my password is being saved, but still it prompts whenever there's a glitch with a connection to the office365 servers?

Hi Riccardo,

Could you please be a bit more explicit about what you mean by "it prompts whenever there's a glitch with a connection to the office365 servers"? Is there any detailed symptom or error message when the issue occurs?
    Are you using an Office 365 account in Outlook? 

To help narrow down the problem, please try testing in safe mode (Press Win + R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) and check if the issue persists.

Besides, if you are an Office 365 account, we highly recommend that you use Office 365 Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) to troubleshoot common issues like this one.

Any findings, post back at your convenience.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

16 Juli 2018 5:40
  • Why certainly,

Office 365 is not as stable as Microsoft makes it out to be, there is often... and I mean often that the servers for Outlook 365 are "down" I say down as I am able to access the outlook web however my outlook doesnt connect,

in those instances I have to walk away and leave my computer.. (yes safe mode and using /RPCDIAG dont work, ) and nor does rebooting the computer... MS's servers simply dont respond.

after arriving back at my computer hours later when I try to logon to outlook, it will then re-prompt for my password, (even though ive told it to remember the password) I'll re-enter the password and it will connect.

My frustration is WHY? why does is keep prompting for a password that Ive told my computer to remember.

It's very frustrating!

16 Juli 2018 10:09
  • Oh! I have tried SaRA... lol but that application crashes each time i try to use it to diagnose the problem.. Quite ironic!
    16 Juli 2018 11:00
  • Hi Riccardo,

I can understand your frustration about the issue, but could you be a bit more explicit about "I mean often that the servers for Outlook 365 are 'down'"? so that our community members can understand better about your issue and help you  

Was there any error message or do you mean the status bar at the lower  corner of Outlook shows that there is a connection issue for Office 365 server?
    Does this occur when the password prompt appear? 

Please try looking through the credential manager via control panel, removing all entries that has Outlook in the name and check if it can be helpful. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

17 Juli 2018 8:35
  • Down..

I open outlook with the /RPCDIAG and outlook simply does not attempt a connection. in the dialog box it doesnt even show a connection with a single server or anything... (yes everything else works... nslookup ping... etc) but outlook doesnt connect. i wait 6 or seven hours and hey presto... outlook works again.... just that it now has amnesia and has forgotten my password....

17 Juli 2018 11:57
  • Hi Riccardo,

Does this issue affect other users in your environment? 

Please try creating a new Outlook profile and check if it can be helpful. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

19 Juli 2018 9:18