none
Windows server 2016 user profile disk - administrator is denied access

Pertanyaan

• I deployed several collections and started using user profile disks with Windows server 2016. I am running into an issue when it comes to mounting a user profile disk of one of our employees. The disk mounts just fine but access is denied to the administrator. Is there a best practice for user profile disk maintenance through the administrator? What can I do to grant access to the administrator for every user profile disk in any of my collections.

Thanks!!

19 Mei 2017 17:01

Jawaban

Semua Balasan

• I deployed several collections and started using user profile disks with Windows server 2016. I am running into an issue when it comes to mounting a user profile disk of one of our employees. The disk mounts just fine but access is denied to the administrator. Is there a best practice for user profile disk maintenance through the administrator? What can I do to grant access to the administrator for every user profile disk in any of my collections.

Thanks!!

I am having this issue aswell.
    With windows server 2012 R2 it worked perfectly. However after we changed to 2016 due to alot of other issues with 2012 r2 i can no longer access the UPD, getting Access Denied when i try to open the mounted disk.

I have checked all Security settings. I have even tried to move the disk to another computer and still a no-go.

I have scanned the interwebs for a few days and havent come up with any solution that actually helps.
    22 Mei 2017 7:46
  • Hi,

What are security permissions configured for the UPD folder and .vhdx files?

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

22 Mei 2017 9:42
  • Hi Amy,

The security permissions on the share are:

• Everyone - Read
    • TerminalServer$ - Full Control

The NTFS permissions on the folder are:

• Administrators - Full Access
    • Users - Read

I can gain access to the UPD by mounting it which throws an "Access Denied" error and then changing the owner to myself and granting myself full access. This obviously destroys the permissions and they'll have to be reversed if I want continue using the same UPD. There is no automated process I could find to change this behavior. All policies are aimed to change roaming profile behavior - unless I missed something. Subinacl will not work either since I can mount the UPD but I am denied access to the content.

Roy-helge Falsen seems to have the same problem as I do. I cannot speak for 2012 since I am in the process of switching from 2008R2 straight to 2016.

22 Mei 2017 13:06
  • Hi Nedim,

That didn't make a difference. I checked the UPD with sidder and made sure it is not in use. I granted modify rights to the user group. I can attach the UPD as admin, just can't access the profile itself. I only have one test user as of right now since I was waiting to see if this problem can get solved before I roll out the feature to all of my terminal server/collections. I had the terminal server re-create the UPD before I tested to make sure it is not due to a corrupt file.

22 Mei 2017 13:40
  • Hi,

As workaround please try using the built-in domain administrator account.

Thanks.

-TP

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh admin1973 22 Mei 2017 20:36
    22 Mei 2017 13:59
  • Hi,

As workaround please try using the built-in domain administrator account.

Thanks.

-TP

Hi TP,

that actually worked. Now I am more confused as before. I am a domain admin, member of the "Domain Admins" built-in group. Is this an issue with my Active Directory or just an issue with Server 2016? Thanks for your help! Greatly appreciated!

22 Mei 2017 14:18
  • Has this issue been resolved? I have the same problem...
    12 April 2018 12:56
  • Same problem here.  It did work on a lab environment (on Azure, Win2016 servers) during a course I took. But on my production on-premise Win2016 I have the same problem.

Only workaround is to mount the UPD as a local admin.

Not 100% sure, but I think it did work a few months ago. Maybe it's a bad patch ????

14 Juni 2018 13:38