none
Mailbox syncing

Pertanyaan

• Hi there

I have a mailbox setup using IMAP on a number of machines. It is a very common occurrence that there is a big delay in folders syncing across the devices that have the mailbox setup.

For instance i could file a received email away in a folder and this may not sync to another device for 20 minutes or so. The same goes for deleting.

I have recreated the IMAP mailbox on numerous machine, created an entire new outlook profile and the problem still persists. 

Are there limits on how many total emails, folders and emails in folders that an IMAP mailbox can handle?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

George

Jumat, 13 Juli 2018 14.20

Semua Balasan

• Hi George,

From what I know, Outlook itself has few limitation regarding the number of mails, folders or the mails in folders, etc. But there might be some limits enforced by mail hosts. Based on my research, with Outlook syncing to a mail host via IMAP, the limits will be a lot lower than Exchange Server. The exact values depend on the mail host and IMAP software used so check with the hosts for details. For your concern about the limits in mail hosts side, you may contact the mail service provider for more information.

In Outlook client side, are these affected machines running the same version of Outlook?
    Does this issue affect all IMAP accounts in your environment?

Besides, there have been reports that the sync problem could be resolved by removing the setting that states to show only subscribed folders in Outlook.  Please try the steps below and see if it can be helpful:

1. Right-click the name of your account with the issue, then click the IMAP Folders... link.Changing setting for
    2. Uncheck the checkbox of "When displaying hierarchy in Outlook, show only the subscribed folders." 

3. Force sending/receiving within Outlook and see the result. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Senin, 16 Juli 2018 08.04