none
Office Outlook 2016 not connecting to IMAP / POP After server ip changed

Diskusi Umum

• Hello,

i had configured my cpanel imap account to outlook 2016, until our cpanel server ip is changed. it is because of a hardware upgrade by the provider.

only ip is changed. all other settings remain 100% same.

now after this upgrade, outlook is not connecting to providers imap account. it shows :

"We couldn't connect to the incoming (IMAP) server using the specified encryption method."

but it sends the email.  problem is not receiving.

we tried all the options (with ssl, without ssl, auto etc.). no luck. also tried pop. same problem.

But when i ping mail.server.com , it shows their new ip correctly. i can also login using cpanel webmail and access my emails using an https connection. but outlook is not connecting to the new server.

I just installed mozilla thunderbird on the same machine and created the email account in that by just providing email and password. It works!!

Finally we removed and reinstall office 365 outlook. when we tried to configure again same error
    "We couldn't connect to the incoming (IMAP) server using the specified encryption method."

Also other machines connected to the same office router is fetching emails as usual from the same server mentioned.

Problem is with only one machine.

Addition Tries : Changed dns to google dns and problem remain same.

So what could be the problem?

Please Advise.
    Thank you

• Diedit oleh fzamaan Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 05.07 additional note
    Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 05.01

Semua Balasan

• Hi guys,

The latest is, we were manage to connect using 'non ssl' imap port 143 and secure ssl for smtp.

its works well now. but the concern is security.

Zamaan

Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 08.42