none
outlook 2016 Signature window will not open

Jawaban

• unfortunately this didnt work for me.

i ended up doing a windows system factory restore and selected to use preinstalled office from the installation. once adding my own 365 login and running outlook it worked.

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh MSAB230 Kamis, 11 Januari 2018 22.52
    Kamis, 11 Januari 2018 22.52

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

How do you create signature? By clicking Signature in the new message page or via File > Option > Mail?

According to my research, corrupt registry key may lead to this issue. To check this, press Win + R, type regedit and then press Enter to open the Registry Editor.

(Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

Please refer to this article about how to back up and restore the registry in Windows)

Locate the following key for your version of Office and Windows in the Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32

Please change both Default and LocalServer32 values in each of the following keys to the appropriate path for your installation of Outlook and then check the result.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh nilo.garcia Jumat, 08 Juni 2018 12.18
    Senin, 18 Desember 2017 10.20
  • I have tried both options of clicking signature through new message and via File-> Option -> Mail settings.

neither of which work.

adding of the registry key LocalServer32 and adding the file path to OUTLOOK.exe did not work.

I have also read previous similar faults with similar resolutions and have tried them all with no fix.

interesting thing is I have recently received 3 new laptops x1 Thinkpads with windows 10 and fresh installed direct from office 365 login from new setup install and am having the same issue on all three machines.

Senin, 18 Desember 2017 21.41
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

First, you may need to add the outlook.exe path value to both Default and LocalServer32 key. Please try this and see if there are any improvements.

What’s more, it will be better if you can provide detailed version of information of both problematic Outlook and Windows so that we can do more research on it.

Regards,

Perry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Saran Jawaban dibatalkan oleh MSAB230 Rabu, 10 Januari 2018 04.51
    Kamis, 21 Desember 2017 05.30
  • I have added it to both Default and LocalServer32 with no success.

Outlook office 365 Version 1711 (build 8730.2127)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system

Sabtu, 23 Desember 2017 05.00
  • Hi,

Do you have any anti-virus software running on these devices? You can try temporarily turning off it and then check the result.

Especially for McAfee HIPs, It is reported that this program will lead to this issue.

If so, please open it and check the Mcafee HIPS Activty Log to see if the signature related files was blocked. Normally, it will be showed like “Attack Type: Vulnerability in Visual Studio 2005 Could Allow Remote Code Execution".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Perry

Selasa, 26 Desember 2017 08.41
  • Hi,

How is everything going on with this issue.

If my reply helps,could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members, who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Jumat, 29 Desember 2017 01.01
  • Hi Sorry for the delay, i do not have any antivirus software running on these systems. they are stock standard OS install with no other applications installed.
    Selasa, 02 Januari 2018 09.25
  • still looking for a solution on this one with no resolution as yet
    Rabu, 10 Januari 2018 02.26
  • Here's what worked for me, and this may or may not apply to others.

My issue was with Outlook 2016 x64 bit, via Office 2016 Standard (volume license edition). The PC was a Dell Precision 7720.

By chance when scrolling through the list of apps in the start menu (Windows 10), I noticed that there were two shortcuts for each office app. I thought that to be strange.

Opened programs and features by opening run, typing in appwiz.cpl. Sure enough, only Office 2016 Standard was showing as being installed.

As a side note, it occurred to me during troubleshooting that  I didn't have to uninstall the pre-installed Office 365/Office 2016 trial edition that's usually on Dells. Normally I forget it's there before trying to install the volume license edition of Office and I get an error that I can't install, which reminds me. This time, I didn't have to do that.

So why are there two shortcuts in the start menu for? well I uninstalled the volume license edition of Office, reboot, and 1 set of shorcuts remained.

Right clicking the shortcuts i had the option to either open, or unisntall, but no open file location.

So I decided to open Outlook, and then via task manager I found that the Outlook executable in question that was running was located in an Outlook specific folder within the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder.

What i personally ended up doing was finding each Office related shortcut in the start menu, right clicking, and choosing uninstall. I also uninstalled something called "my office" via the same process. There may have been a way to uninstall all of this in one shot but I didn't care to take the time to try to figure that out.

Once they were all uninstalled, I reboot, reinstalled Office 2016 Standard, activated, opened Outlook, setup profile again, opened signatures using File > Options > Mail, and boom..signatures opened.

Hope this helps someone out there.

• Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh Paul_Christian Kamis, 11 Januari 2018 16.57
    Kamis, 11 Januari 2018 16.57
  • unfortunately this didnt work for me.

i ended up doing a windows system factory restore and selected to use preinstalled office from the installation. once adding my own 365 login and running outlook it worked.

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh MSAB230 Kamis, 11 Januari 2018 22.52
    Kamis, 11 Januari 2018 22.52

My issue was with Outlook 2016 x64 bit, via Office 2016 Standard (volume license edition). The PC was a Dell Precision 7720.

By chance when scrolling through the list of apps in the start menu (Windows 10), I noticed that there were two shortcuts for each office app. I thought that to be strange.

Opened programs and features by opening run, typing in appwiz.cpl. Sure enough, only Office 2016 Standard was showing as being installed.

As a side note, it occurred to me during troubleshooting that  I didn't have to uninstall the pre-installed Office 365/Office 2016 trial edition that's usually on Dells. Normally I forget it's there before trying to install the volume license edition of Office and I get an error that I can't install, which reminds me. This time, I didn't have to do that.

So why are there two shortcuts in the start menu for? well I uninstalled the volume license edition of Office, reboot, and 1 set of shorcuts remained.

Right clicking the shortcuts i had the option to either open, or unisntall, but no open file location.

So I decided to open Outlook, and then via task manager I found that the Outlook executable in question that was running was located in an Outlook specific folder within the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder.

What i personally ended up doing was finding each Office related shortcut in the start menu, right clicking, and choosing uninstall. I also uninstalled something called "my office" via the same process. There may have been a way to uninstall all of this in one shot but I didn't care to take the time to try to figure that out.

Once they were all uninstalled, I reboot, reinstalled Office 2016 Standard, activated, opened Outlook, setup profile again, opened signatures using File > Options > Mail, and boom..signatures opened.

This worked for us as well. We uninstalled native Windows 10 office apps and it fixed the problem. No registry editing was required.
    Rabu, 17 Januari 2018 15.30
  • Thanks Paul, same thing happened here.  Fixed worked perfectly

Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018 00.20
  • The above was exactly the same scenario as me. I remembered that I forgot to remove the Dell pre-install when installing the Vol Lic version (it didn't prompt like it usually does).
    Following your steps resolved it. Thanks
    Senin, 22 Januari 2018 23.18
  • I have struggled with this issue for 3 weeks and I have called Microsoft multiple times. We have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook more times than I can count and they have not been able to help me. But I ran across this thread this morning and your Answer actually fixed my issues. Thank you very much!!!
    Rabu, 24 Januari 2018 16.20
  • I made a backup (Export) of:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\

and then I deleted the key all together. Since then everything has worked fine.  Everything in that Key was pointing to an older Office 2013 installation.

Rabu, 24 Januari 2018 17.10
  • This fix worked for me also. Thanks. I had very similar behavior except that I was using the OEM Dell version of Office 2016. I did try to uninstall\reinstall Office a couple of time and Office 365 would show back up in Appwiz.cpl in additional to Office home and business 2016. Uninstalling both thru Appwiz.cpl would still leave copies of Office 2016 applications in my start menu. i removed those as suggested with the right click, uninstall.

I did call MS on this but they wanted $500 to connect the call :(
    I don't understand why Dell\MS need to put 3 copies of Office 365 on a system when i purchase it with Office 2016 home and Business. That's what seemed to cause this problem.
    Rabu, 24 Januari 2018 22.51
  • Trying to open signature window freezes Word on brand new dell 5720 with fresh install Office365. Had double Office apps in start menu, all marked new, and My Office. Right-clicked and uninstalled My Office, then top app for each of the doubled Office365 programs. They all disappeared except for PowerPoint and Publisher, clicking uninstall made the start menu close, and then the top app lost "New".

Thought I'd try Outlook before reboot or reinstalling - signature window works! Thank you!

Jumat, 26 Januari 2018 18.53
  • This worked for me.

I had a combination of Dell preinstalled Office 2016 and also installed Office 365 afterward since my client had a subscription.  Some of the computers worked and other didn't.  After uninstalling ALL copies of Office and using the special uninstaller I found from MS that does a separate COMPLETE uninstall, I still couldn't edit signatures.

I think clicked on the Start logo and saw the two copies if each app.  When right-clicking one of them and clicking uninstall, it would take me to the Control Panel, Uninstall Programs screen.  I left these alone.  The other ones would just uninstall right at the Start menu by removing it from the Start menu and possibly making some other change like a registry change since editing signatures now worked.

Minggu, 28 Januari 2018 05.40
  • This worked for me except I only had to remove desktop office and my office from apps (win10). I dd not even need to reboot and signatures opened.
    • Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh wrwessel Selasa, 22 Mei 2018 02.13
    • Saran Jawaban dibatalkan oleh wrwessel Selasa, 22 Mei 2018 02.18
    Selasa, 30 Januari 2018 05.48
  • This worked for me as well. No reboot necessary, just uninstalled My Office and the apps from the start menu.

Thanks all

Selasa, 30 Januari 2018 16.52

Uninstalling the "Dell version of Outlook" or whatever version of you PC has preinstalled seems to work as well.  Check the signature dialog box opens up before uninstall and re-install of your Microsoft Outlook version. 
    • Diedit oleh Matrixbest Rabu, 31 Januari 2018 22.36
    Rabu, 31 Januari 2018 22.33

This worked for us as well. We uninstalled native Windows 10 office apps and it fixed the problem. No registry editing was required.
    My experience and situation is essentially the same.  New Dell computers ... However, I find that if I log in as another user, I have to uninstall the pre-installed office again :/
    Kamis, 01 Februari 2018 13.40
  • Have you since resolved this issue? 

I have just received my Lenovo X1 and am facing the same issue. 

Kamis, 01 Februari 2018 14.01
  • Just had the same issue as well. Wish I had read down to your post earlier in the day, to save me pulling so much hair out! lol 

We work with a lot of new Dells, this one was a new XPS 13.

Kamis, 01 Februari 2018 15.34
  • This worked, so frustrating. Get it together Dell/Microsoft.
    Jumat, 02 Februari 2018 01.40

I've been trying to figure this out myself and Saw this and sure enough, exact same thing.  Multiple sets of Office Icons and all.  I hadn't noticed the multiple sets previously.  And sure enough, even the wrong Office was showing as installed. 

Senin, 05 Februari 2018 14.32
  • Nothing is working on me end.  This is a Dell Optiplex 3050, no pre-install of any Office product.  Installed Office Home & Business 2016, 64BIT on WIN 10 64BIT.  Signatures is not accessible.

Senin, 05 Februari 2018 16.32
  • This usually happens if you have conflicting/duplicate applications. Most likely the device have a pre-installed Office upon purchase then the user installs another Office without uninstalling existing Office.

Go to "Add or Remove Programs" and if you see two Microsoft Office, just uninstall the one you're not using and issue will be resolved.

Rabu, 07 Februari 2018 05.01
  • Thanks!  Same - been dealing with for about three weeks.  Three brand new Dells.  As stated - usually try to uninstall the stuff that comes pre-loaded from the control panel.  Had this happen with Office 2010 install, Office 365 32 bit, and Office 365 64 bit.  Had tried messing with reg keys, used Office repair, Office uninstall tool.  Nothing.  Just revisited the 2010 machine.  Just right clicked the app as you said, selected uninstall, and it worked. No reboot or anything.
    Rabu, 07 Februari 2018 21.27
  • I uninstalled the Office 365 via the control panel and it removed the duplicate icons for all of the 365 programs. Launched the Outlook again and Signatures loaded just fine. Thanks for posting. This was a time saver.
    Kamis, 08 Februari 2018 19.37
  • I may have an answer for you!

I had this same issue with my new laptop. When I downloaded my Office 365 install suite, Windows 10 automatically downloaded the Outlook App from the Microsoft store. So when I changed my default Mail client to Outlook, I accidentally selected the Store App instead of the actual Outlook instance. This was causing Outlook conflicts when trying to make various settings changes such as the signature block.

I hope this helps somebody!

Jumat, 09 Februari 2018 23.04
  • I am not a IT expert, this is ridiculous I can't add a signature to my emails so have to cut and paste into every email I create.  Just Bloody ridiculous.  I don't want to edit the registry etc etc I just want it to work.  Brand new computer, brand new Office 2016 and no signature.

I should just go back to the old windows 7 and office 2010!!!  Damn annoying MICROSOFT!!!

• Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh Andre Tusant Kamis, 06 September 2018 19.42
    • Saran Jawaban dibatalkan oleh Andre Tusant Kamis, 06 September 2018 19.42
    Selasa, 13 Februari 2018 05.25
  • Had same signatures problem on a user's new laptop. Fixed by copying the signatures folder from the old laptop to the new, (both Windows 10, Office365).
    • Diedit oleh Aaron Gower Jumat, 16 Februari 2018 22.07 typo
    Jumat, 16 Februari 2018 22.06

Thank you!!!  This is what worked for me.  Just uninstalling the duplicate version of Outlook solved the signature issue.  I uninstalled the rest of the duplicate Office apps just to keep things  clean. No Windows reinstall, no registry edits needed.
    Sabtu, 17 Februari 2018 06.17
  • >>

Hope this helps someone out there.<<

Thank you! Worked perfectly!

Sabtu, 17 Februari 2018 18.35
  • I have a new Dell desktop, and your suggestion worked for me.  I uninstalled the Dell-packaged Office applications, including the My Office app, reinstalled Office 2016 from the Microsoft Office 365 website, and the signature file window popped right up.  Very strange symptoms!

Thank you very much for posting this!

Senin, 19 Februari 2018 18.51
  • Hi,

Recently, there is a known issue in Outlook. You could refer to the following article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/outlook-freezes-clicking-the-signature-button-c70b36c2-66ca-401c-ab45-f29a46495d02

Please have a check whether this is the case for you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh Bluphobia Kamis, 22 Februari 2018 08.53
    Kamis, 22 Februari 2018 02.38
  • This worked for a user we had who received a new Dell machine.

Was a simple uninstall and the issue is now resolved.

Kamis, 22 Februari 2018 08.53
  • worked for me, i had the exact same scenario. however i left "my office" installed.  thanks youre a champion! 
    • Diedit oleh Joe_EVOK3D Kamis, 22 Februari 2018 21.29
    Kamis, 22 Februari 2018 21.29
  • Great, it's worked for me.

Thanks.

Senin, 26 Februari 2018 16.27
  • Thanks this worked.  I have forwarded to our dedicated support team so they are aware of it.

Selasa, 27 Februari 2018 21.31
  • I went a little simpler route than uninstalling everything. No regedits as well. I went to windows add/remove software, clicked on office and chose modify. It opened a window to quick repair or long repair.

Quick repair did NOT work but the long repair did the trick....

Rabu, 28 Februari 2018 14.45
  • Great advice ... easy, simple and IT WORKED!  Thank you!
    Minggu, 04 Maret 2018 16.15
  • I as well have a brand new Lenovo X1 Carbon and am having the same issue. Have you since resolved the issue? 

Thanks in advance for any help wit this problem. 

Senin, 05 Maret 2018 14.35
  • Spot on!!

I had the exact same issue working on a new Asus laptop. All the icons were doubled, as you said. After uninstalling Office, and uninstalling every app, including My Office.

Your solution worked perfectly, thank you for posting

Rabu, 07 Maret 2018 16.07
  • I just upgraded to Microsoft office 2016 and a new desktop computer. I had the same problem you are having.

I noticed I had 2 copies of office 2016 showing in my start menu.

I went into add/remove programs and noticed above my Microsoft office 2016 there was an item called Microsoft desktop apps. When I viewed it closer it was the office programs. So I removed the Microsoft desktop apps and went back to try the signature in outlook and it was working. Hopefully this works for you.

And my double of office apps were down to one of each program.
    • Diedit oleh mystic636 Kamis, 08 Maret 2018 19.37
    Kamis, 08 Maret 2018 18.41
  • I too had both the signature problem and the duplicate Office icons in the Start menu. This was on a brand new Surface Pro 2017 i7. This fix worked perfectly. Thanks :-)
    Jumat, 09 Maret 2018 14.55
  • Same problem on my dell xps 9365

same resolution : removing the outlook win app infrom the start menu.

Thank you very much for this fix!

:)

Minggu, 11 Maret 2018 18.59
  • Worked for me 2..thank you
    Selasa, 13 Maret 2018 12.29
  •  I also noticed two icons for each of the Office programs on my start menu. Going from what you said, I right-clicked on each of them and on the one that did not allow me to go to the file location, I uninstalled it. After doing this and reopening Outlook, I was able to use the signature button. It was as simple as that. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Kamis, 15 Maret 2018 11.31
  • Paul's steps worked perfectly for me. Removing the duplicate office apps cleared up all my issues. I did not have to reboot though, just clearing out the dupes worked by itself.
    Jumat, 16 Maret 2018 13.29
  • You can't find those app in Control Panel -> Programs and Features.

If you can't right click in the Start Menu Listing those app for uninstalling.

You have to go to Microsoft Store search the app and uninstall it.

If you installed both built-in/ship together with Win10 and installed by yourselves. You can see two exactly Program listed there. Eg 

Outlook 2016
    Outlook 2016

Just make sure you delete the correct one.

Rabu, 21 Maret 2018 02.34
  • Didn't come across the WindowsApps folder, but everything else you described was my situation and uninstalling the apps did the trick! Thank you
    Kamis, 22 Maret 2018 14.58
  • This worked for me. Many thanks.

I think the duplicate icons in our case were caused by a mistaken install of Office 365 Pro Plus, then followed by the correct install of Office 365 Business. Despite removing the former, the duplicate icons appeared after the install of Office 365 Business.

Jumat, 23 Maret 2018 13.11
  • that worked for me

Thanks & Regards Ramandeep Singh

Senin, 26 Maret 2018 04.32
  • I have problem with Outlook 2007,10, 2016 . Sighnature window do not appiered

MS add app Outlook 2016 in provisioning . Folder with app located c:\program files\windowsapp

You can delete this application from Start-Settings- Apps. Find Microsoft office applications and delete them.
     Reboot PC , repair your office from Control Panel.

Solution without regestry changes.

Rabu, 28 Maret 2018 08.50
  • Thank you Paul for the above guide.  Cheers.
    Kamis, 29 Maret 2018 08.18
  • HI,

As per my opinion . please do below mention steps . this is for win10 with office 2016

GO search - Setting -- Apps -- apps and features then  click on Microsoft office desktop apps then uninstall it

This solution worked on my system

Mukesh rai 

Kamis, 29 Maret 2018 10.42
  • This worked for me. Dell always sends out new equipment with bloatware and it pre-installs Office on all. They don't account for volume licensing and that installs on top of their bloatware. I normally remove all that using our pre-installed image arranged with Dell but somehow, a couple of computers here and there would sneak through our orders that have retail images installed. And that's when I get this problem.
    Senin, 02 April 2018 18.03
  • I was able to find an app in Apps and Features called Microsoft Office Desktop Apps and uninstalled that. Once I did that, the signature button worked fine. 
    Rabu, 04 April 2018 21.20
  • It worked for me, but i didnt have to unistall them both, just openned my real Outlook, then tried to unistall the other one so in case i tried to unistall the running one, it would send an error message (thats what i think, im not sure about that),  i unistalled the right one and now it works for me. 

To find both aplications, just typed outlook on cortana's search and unistalled the one that appeared under applications tab.

Jumat, 06 April 2018 15.03
  • Same here - worked well :) Thank you

Regards,

Sabtu, 07 April 2018 06.06
  • After an upgrade from Office 365 Home/Student to Office 365 Pro Plus I have had these signature issues. This worked for me! Thank you!!!! 

Rabu, 11 April 2018 22.30
  • This worked for me but all I did was remove "My Office" from the "Apps and Features" list. Didn't touch the Office 2016 Pro entry. My IT person apparently didn't uninstall "My Office" before installing Office 2016 Pro. Sweaty armpits worrying that my main Office installation would disappear. It didn't. No rebooting at all. Worked! --Worked even though there is still an entry "My Office" in "Apps and Features" but no longer duplicate entries (e.g., both "Outlook" and "Outlook 2016" used to be there but no more)! Maybe that will change when rebooting. I upvoted Paul's answer. Thanks, Paul!

Professor

Kamis, 12 April 2018 23.22
  • Worry not! Read Paul's note above and it will fix your X1 like it just fixed my 2-day old X1.

Professor

Kamis, 12 April 2018 23.23
  • Thanks!  I can't believe that uninstalling the application from Control Panel OR running the Microsoft utility to clean all Office 365 installations doesn't work.  I did as you said and ran the individual application uninstall by right mouse clicking.  
    Sabtu, 14 April 2018 23.34
  • Hello Perry,

I am having the same problem, I did what you told us. I located
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32

however I just have the Default key and I dont have the LocalServer32 key, what shall I do ? how do I create the LocalServer32 key 

Regards,

Metomizer

Senin, 16 April 2018 08.54
  • YES< THIS IS THE SOLUTION. 
    Rabu, 18 April 2018 15.40
  • Same thing worked for me.  I had only 1 copy of all Microsoft Office programs...except for Outlook, which had 2 flavors on my new Windows 10 device: "Outlook" and "Outlook 2016."  I uninstalled "Outlook", then closed and reopened Outlook 2016 to find my problem solved!
    • Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh Cheddarific Rabu, 18 April 2018 16.15
    Rabu, 18 April 2018 16.15
  • Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for solving this problem and posting!  I had exactly the same problem, and your solution worked!  Saved me a lot of time!

Best wishes,

--Notabramish

Rabu, 18 April 2018 17.57
  • Thank you .Samething was happened to my system .Now its resolve .but I can access on my website authorityjobs.com but nothing is loading nor sending messages nor loading pins

Kamis, 19 April 2018 06.18
  • Microsoft support helps me figure out the issue. Here's what work for me.  

What ended up resolving the issue was running Regedit as an Administrator and going through the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32 In there we saw that there was only a key named Default.  There is actually a second key needed called LocalServer32. We created a new Multi-String Value key for LocalServer32 and added the file location for Outlook.exe which was: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 16\root\office16\Outlook.exe  After adding the new registry key, we restarted the computer and upon restart we opened Outlook and tested the Signature button again where we successfully got the Signature menu this time.

Selasa, 24 April 2018 17.45
  • Thanks, this worked for me perfectly.
    Kamis, 26 April 2018 02.52
  • I also was able to solve the issue by uninstalling the "builtin" Windows 10 e-mail app.  First I tried changing the default e-mail app in Settings->Apps->Default apps->e-mail to Outlook 2016, thinking that might work, but it did not.  Thanks Paul!!!

Patricia Kachersky

Selasa, 01 Mei 2018 19.07
  • For anyone still wondering.

1. Click start

2. Type This PC

3. Click Computer up the top

4.Click Uninstall or change a program

5. Click in the "search this list " box.

6. type outlook

7. uninstall everything else but don't uninstall outlook 2016 home & business if this is the package you just installed.

the issue is the outlook client is opening the app version of signatures instead of the 2016 versions.

Rabu, 02 Mei 2018 04.48
  • HI,

As per my opinion . please do below mention steps . this is for win10 with office 2016

GO search - Setting -- Apps -- apps and features then  click on Microsoft office desktop apps then uninstall it

Mukesh rai 

It works! We're using Lenovo T480. 
    • Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh mahmoudefe Senin, 11 Juni 2018 08.47
    • Saran Jawaban dibatalkan oleh mahmoudefe Senin, 11 Juni 2018 08.48
    Rabu, 02 Mei 2018 09.11
  • This resolved our issue.  It was the pre-installed by Dell Microsoft Office App
    Senin, 07 Mei 2018 20.31
  • Best advice!!! Just uninstall the previous duplicate version manually and all is fine.
    Jumat, 11 Mei 2018 20.02
  • It, happened to me twice, the first time I was uninstalling and making some changes, I don´t know what changes worked, today I had the same issue, I uninstalled the office 365 and reinstalled but didn´t work. What I did was uninstall the preintalled office programs, one by one, outlook, word, excel, power point and after that the "Get office" app, I restarted and "bingo" it worked, so maybe the problem only the preinstalled office apps. I hope this helps to someone else to avoid a long process.
    Selasa, 15 Mei 2018 14.53
  • I found this post by Microsoft if other people haven't already discovered this solution.  This worked for my team today on a new HP Spectre x360 - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/outlook-freezes-clicking-the-signature-button-c70b36c2-66ca-401c-ab45-f29a46495d02
    • Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh wrwessel Selasa, 22 Mei 2018 02.17
    • Saran Jawaban dibatalkan oleh wrwessel Selasa, 22 Mei 2018 02.18
    Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 13.18
  • This worked for me, under Settings / Apps and Features, uninstalled Microsoft Desktop Office or something like that. Under the old control panel it only showed Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016.
    Selasa, 22 Mei 2018 02.15
  • GREAT Solution. worked for me .. top man
    Jumat, 25 Mei 2018 10.53
  • Thank you I tried what you said but unfortunately, it didn’t work for my website email page https://findbestjuicers.com/. I’m still having the same issue.

Minggu, 27 Mei 2018 19.03
  • Thanks Paul, this worked for me (as an aside, I didn't uninstall the copy I'd installed, just uninstalled the duplicates and rebooted)
    Selasa, 29 Mei 2018 12.36
  • i had the same issue with Outlook 2016 pro version with Windows 10 pro.  i went to "Add remove programs" with titled "apps & features" window and found "Microsoft Office App".

once i removed that, the signature window showed up.  it had nothing to do with office being signed in or activated.

Senin, 04 Juni 2018 23.34
  • Thank you man; you're my hero
    Rabu, 06 Juni 2018 15.21
  • Thanks Paul.

Your steps worked for me, just before I was about to do an OS reset.

You get the "You sure know your s... (stuff that is) AWARD" from me. :)

Kamis, 07 Juni 2018 19.12
  • Hi,

This workaround has worked me!

The only point is that my current register key was right:

But my register hasn't had the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\Default

Then, when I've created this missing key with the same value of the first one it has fixed my Outlook.

Jumat, 08 Juni 2018 12.23
  • Windows 10 most times comes pre-installed with OFfice which you have to go  to start and scroll through your applications and right click and uninstall the pre-installed Office apps.  Once those are uninstalled you should be able to use Signatures and Search functions as intended. 
    Jumat, 08 Juni 2018 19.29
  • HI,

Mukesh rai 

It works! We're using Lenovo T480. 

Me too :)
    Senin, 11 Juni 2018 08.48
  • Thank you for your help - however all I did was to right-click on the demo version and then reboot my computer.  Once the computer came back up I was able to click on signatures and create a new one.  
    Selasa, 12 Juni 2018 22.08
  • Awesome. This worked for me. I have a brand new Windows 10 machine that has the latest Office installed but to use Gmail sync I had to also install Office 2016. I was having the "signature hangs Outlook" problem. So I typed Outlook into Cortana and 2 came up; Outlook and Outlook 2016. I right-clicked Outlook, said Uninstall, opened Outlook 2016 and the problem was fixed! Easy.
    Rabu, 13 Juni 2018 13.14
  • Yes,its work to me

Thanks

Minggu, 17 Juni 2018 07.58

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\

and then I deleted the key all together. Since then everything has worked fine.  Everything in that Key was pointing to an older Office 2013 installation.

This is the only operation that worked for me. Thanks Drifter_77
    • Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh r0nrules Kamis, 23 Agustus 2018 01.17
    • Saran Jawaban dibatalkan oleh r0nrules Kamis, 23 Agustus 2018 01.17
    Selasa, 19 Juni 2018 10.33
  • Why is this How do I do it grouped with the KNOWN issue.  Please add a FIX
    Selasa, 19 Juni 2018 15.27
  • I'm hunting through this thread to see what Perry had told you to do when you found the string to change or what to change it to.  Why can't Microsoft just post the fix like it used to instead of making tech waste all this time having to read through forums.
    Selasa, 19 Juni 2018 15.41
  •   

This Worked for me    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please try uninstalling any pre-installed office that can with the computer .......especially uninstall pre-installed outlook if you are having problems with the email signature........the pre-installed outlook is preventing the new outlook from using the email signature functionality because its already using it.

Jumat, 22 Juni 2018 04.42
  • If your Windows 10 PRO system has in the following location:

System > Apps > App's and Features > Microsoft Office Desktop Apps .... please remove this !!

(this thing has nothing to do with your office version that you are entitled to use with licence)

This will solve any problems with your installed Microsoft Office Standard or 365 version.

The problem come withe this PREINSTALLED office on your laptop pointing to wrong location where your Office it's installed. Removing this will fix any issues that you may have with your new laptop or preinstalled desktop.

With respect,

Mihai / ROMANIA

Rabu, 27 Juni 2018 09.36
  • Hi,

Recently, there is a known issue in Outlook. You could refer to the following article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/outlook-freezes-clicking-the-signature-button-c70b36c2-66ca-401c-ab45-f29a46495d02

Please have a check whether this is the case for you.

Regards,

Perry

This fixed my problem (Win 10, 64, X1 Carbon, Office 2013 Home & Business). Thank you!
    Rabu, 27 Juni 2018 19.27
  • This actually resolved my issue, thank you!!

Kamis, 28 Juni 2018 00.33
  • Worked for Me Paul..Same behavior and fix you provided was spot on...Thank you for sharing.. 
    Kamis, 05 Juli 2018 20.28
  • Was experiencing this problem for multiple users. This worked and also fixed another issue we had with users not being able to open outlook from other programs. Seems we've been getting a lot of corrupt Registry entries related to our office 2013 and 2016 packages.
    Jumat, 06 Juli 2018 13.29

Thanks to this answer, I found it slightly simpler to simply scroll through the start menu, and for each duplicated Office app, right-click and uninstall all the ones that don't end in "2016".  Once I'd done this, the Signature window immediately started working.
    Senin, 09 Juli 2018 17.57
  • Thank you so much for sharing. You solved the issue for me. I was going mad.

As a side note, I wonder when the developers at Windows will understand how frustrating it is when this stupid issues come up.

Thanks again for your precision in telling us the fix.

Best,

Thomas

Kamis, 19 Juli 2018 18.34
  • Hi everyone,

we have tried the various solutions but they didn't help us. Then we have updated Windows 10 x64 to the last version 1803 - it works now. Hope it might be helpful.

Jumat, 20 Juli 2018 07.42

this worked for me thanks! (Office 2016 Professional Plus)
    Jumat, 20 Juli 2018 16.50
  • Thank you so much I had the same issue with signature.. I follow the above steps and it works :)
    Minggu, 22 Juli 2018 09.32
  • This work sweet for me. I could not open Outlook > Options > Mail > Signatures... or Stationery and Fonts... before UNINSTALLING one-by-one.
    Kamis, 02 Agustus 2018 18.53
  • using Perry's suggestion i changed both keys to the below patch and signature started working.  Thx  

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE

Senin, 20 Agustus 2018 17.35
  • After reading everything on all forums, and trying all fixes. Nothing worked, My signature button still did not work. I had no multiple instances of buttons in start/programs, and did not have anything other than office 2016 listed in settings/apps. I did a full uninstall & registry clean... nothing. I even used Microsofts uninstaller for Office. Every time my button still did not work. After working this for weeks I was seconds away from CLEAN INSTALL of windows. Read all the way through this forum again .......  ran regedit and removed all instances of this string : 0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
    Still did not work. Then ran the "repair office" option from add/remove programs .......POOF it works.

So there are obviously strings getting left in the registry causing issues, tied to the Win 10 office add-on app. that even their own uninstaller wont pull out. 

IF NOTHING ELSE WORKS: uninstall all instances of the above listed string, then run the  repair funtion.

• Diedit oleh r0nrules Kamis, 23 Agustus 2018 01.42 FIXED-ONLY THING THAT WORKED FOR ME
    Kamis, 23 Agustus 2018 01.30

This was perfect for me. Though I was unable to remove Office using the Control Panel or the Start Menu options. I had to use the Easy Fix Tool to uninstall it completely then I still had remnants that I had to go through the Start Menu to remove since they no longer showed up in the Control Panel. Then after re-installing, there is only the one icon in the Start Menu and I can get into edit the signatures.
    Selasa, 28 Agustus 2018 18.06
  • Thank you sooooooooo much!  Have been going crazy with this problem! 

This worked for me. :-)

Rabu, 29 Agustus 2018 09.52
  • I was having the same problem with a fresh install of Windows 10. It turned out that the problem was caused by the pre-loaded Outlook app (not the full Outlook 'Desktop App', but the lite version from the App Store).

I searched for "outlook" in the start menu, right-clicked on it, and chose Uninstall. After it was gone, I re-launched my normal Outlook, and the Signatures opened right up without a problem.

There seems to be some sort of conflict between the two. You'd think Microsoft would have thoroughly tested how one of their own core software applications reacted to a standard base installation of Windows 10. Just saying.

This isn't isolated to Office 365, either. Our organization uses Outlook 2013, and that's the version I had the problem with.

Rabu, 29 Agustus 2018 18.40
  • Thank you very much.  This worked for me on a Lenovo X1 Yoga.  Something so simple yet such a pain to overcome.

Kamis, 30 Agustus 2018 00.52
  • Thanks a lot. In my case this was the exact problem.

Rabu, 05 September 2018 04.32
  • Thanks. this work for me too on a HP spectre Windows 10. 
    Jumat, 07 September 2018 09.58
  • Thank you. This work for me too on a Asus laptop spectre Windows 7. 
    Jumat, 07 September 2018 12.52
  • Worked for me to get a 2010 Outlook signature to work on a Windows 10 machine.

I went to the search bar on the bottom left, typed in "office", and the right clicked and unintalled the office, word, excel, et cetera that came with the machine.  Took 2 minutes.  Solved.

Thank you Paul

• Diedit oleh Andrew Bre Rabu, 12 September 2018 17.01
    Rabu, 12 September 2018 16.58
  • Uninstall my office 365 and outlook 365. Those two apps (for some reasons) are conflicted with Microsoft office 2016 ( outlook 2016)
    Senin, 17 September 2018 19.31