none
Outlook 2016 Addin not loading on start up

Pertanyaan

• Hi,

I have an Outlook addin that becomes inactive when restarting Outlook everytime. I notice in addins menu that it says Unloaded rather than Load at start up. I've tried reinstalling the software that supplies the add in, as well as repairing Office. I've tried some things in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins for example. I can't seem to find anything relating to LoadBehaviour that some people are suggesting.

Thanks

Rabu, 11 Januari 2017 08.08

Jawaban

• Hi,

The error you are getting is because of the value of add-in in registry editor and there is an easy way to active this add-in.

Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows + R (it will open a RUN box).
    2. Type and click ok
    3. Select HKEY_CURRENT_USER or you can use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE if you are not able to get the add-ins option in Current_User.

4. Select Software >> Microsoft >> Office >>  Outlook >> Addins >> name of the add-in (AddinsforOutlook)

5. Now, after selecting the add-in for Outlook, it will display different add-ins.
    Click on Load Behaviour add-in, a pop-up box will appear, whatever the value of the key is, change the value to 3.
    Go to Outlook again and check the Load Behaviour add-in will be active

Thanks & Regards

Kelvin Howard

• Diedit oleh Kelvin Howard Rabu, 11 Januari 2017 10.33
    • Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh JoeMayo94 Kamis, 12 Januari 2017 10.23
    Rabu, 11 Januari 2017 10.21

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

The error you are getting is because of the value of add-in in registry editor and there is an easy way to active this add-in.

Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows + R (it will open a RUN box).
    2. Type and click ok
    3. Select HKEY_CURRENT_USER or you can use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE if you are not able to get the add-ins option in Current_User.

4. Select Software >> Microsoft >> Office >>  Outlook >> Addins >> name of the add-in (AddinsforOutlook)

5. Now, after selecting the add-in for Outlook, it will display different add-ins.
    Click on Load Behaviour add-in, a pop-up box will appear, whatever the value of the key is, change the value to 3.
    Go to Outlook again and check the Load Behaviour add-in will be active

Thanks & Regards

Kelvin Howard

• Diedit oleh Kelvin Howard Rabu, 11 Januari 2017 10.33
    • Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh JoeMayo94 Kamis, 12 Januari 2017 10.23
    Rabu, 11 Januari 2017 10.21
  • Ah fantastic, this solved the issue. The problem I was having is, I was going in to Office > 16, as this is the version of Office I use so I thought it was in here.

Thanks very much for your help

Kamis, 12 Januari 2017 10.22
  • Thanks for posting. This solved my issue as well. Only difficulty was in finding the correct Add-in name from Outlook so that I find it in the registry.

I love data.

Selasa, 01 Agustus 2017 18.39
  • I had the same issue but I had to set the Load Behaviour to ''2'' instead of ''3'' to fix the the problem.
    Kamis, 17 Agustus 2017 14.44
  • Unfortunately this didn't work for me with Office 2016.  My Mcafee addin still doesn't load.  I even tried the Option of 2 as another person suggested, but no luck.  Any ideas?

Minggu, 14 Januari 2018 19.03
  • Hello,

Unfortunately for me this doesnt work :(

I have an azure add in which is checked in add ins with "V" when the loadbehaviour is 3 but it does not appear, but when i have value 2 is unchecked. In both locations: current user and local machine.

I have reinstalled azure but this did not help.

Any ideas?

Selasa, 06 Maret 2018 12.54
  • Thanks so much!!! I was trying to find a resolution for this for the past few days. I was always checking the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, but the option within Word was always set to 3. Going into The CURRENT_USER allowed me to change from (0) to 3 and that worked!!
    Kamis, 14 Juni 2018 13.35
  • I would search the registry for *all* entries of the addin name you are having problems with.  We have constant problems with one addin that has three or four entries, so you have to make sure you edit them all and set them to 3.
    Kamis, 12 Juli 2018 10.46