none
"Could not read the calendar" - But working fine in safe mode

Pertanyaan

• I transferred my calendar to a new computer, and it worked fine for two days, now I get the error "Could not read the calendar". However, it is working fine in safe mode (Run => outlook /safe). I de-activated all add-ins but still the same. What could be the reason? I'm using Outlook 2010. 
    • Diedit oleh marc1245 Sabtu, 02 Juni 2018 06.35
    Sabtu, 02 Juni 2018 06.35

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

When you start Outlook in safe mode, many of the customizations that you have made to Outlook are not loaded. Instead, these settings are replaced temporarily by the default settings. Please refer to the details under Step 5 in this link.

According to my research, we could try to reset Outlook views and check if it helps. To do this, please press the ‘Windows + R’ to open Run. In the ‘Run’ windows type 'Outlook /cleanviews' without quotes and hit enter.

Besides, we could also create a new profile to test the results.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Senin, 04 Juni 2018 05.10
  • Thanks Perry for helping me out here. 

Outlook /cleanviews didn't work - it then opens Outlook, but when I switch the calender-view, it crashes. 

I checked your link regarding the new profile, but I want to use my existing profiles, with all the 20 email accounts I have linked to it. To do the transfer from the old computer to the new one, I did what was said here https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Lync/en-US/697d2579-1554-4ac2-8887-b97e78ba47ea/importing-outlook-2010-mail-account-settings-from-one-copy-of-office-2010-to-another-copy-of-office?forum=officesetupdeployprevious, i.e.: 

"To move your accounts, do this:
    start run regedit - search for: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook and export it."

It worked fine, but maybe that caused issues with my profile? 

Senin, 04 Juni 2018 06.43
  • Hi,

As this issue cannot reproduced in safe mode, we could review the list of disabled items, and then try to identify those items that are related to the steps that you took that caused calendar error.

1. Clears and regenerates the Navigation Pane for the current profile.

Close Outlook and then press Win + R to open Run. In the Open box, type Outlook.exe /resetnavpane, and then choose OK.

2. Reset personal settings

(Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

Please refer to this article about how to back up and restore the registry in Windows)

1). Exit Outlook and then open Registry Editor.

2). Locate following path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook

3). Rename the \Outlook part of this key to \Outlook-1

4). Restart Outlook.

When you restart Outlook, a new \Outlook registry key that has default settings is created in this location.

3. Create a testing profile with one test email account and then see if same issue occurs.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Senin, 04 Juni 2018 07.24
  • Thank you Perry, that seems to have worked. 

So going forward, I just leave the registry folder named Outlook-1? Nothing else I have to do? 

Selasa, 05 Juni 2018 18.34
  • Hi,

So glad to see that your issue has been solved. Thank you for your update here.

When you restart Outlook, a new \Outlook registry key is created in that location. You could just leave the previous key there.

By the way, would you mind marking the useful reply as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Rabu, 06 Juni 2018 01.09
  • Hi Perry, 

The problem re-emerged, unfortunatly. 

I was able to find out what changes I made which caused it to re-appear: I changed the notification settings when a new email arrives (e.g. I don't want to play a sound), under Options => Mail => Message arrival. Closing outlook and then opening it again had the issue come back. 

I then renamed the Outlook-folder in the Registry again (I'm at "Outlook-3" now), and it was back to normal, but then changing the notification settings made the issue come back. 

What can I do next? 

Kamis, 07 Juni 2018 10.02
  • Hi,

Based on my knowledge, there are many settings under the \Outlook key. It’s really hard to tell which one keeps corrupted.

You could create a new profile to test if same issue occurs. (You don’t need to delete the original one)

Regards,

Perry

Senin, 11 Juni 2018 06.56
  • Hi Perry, 

You mean creating a new profile by renaming the Outlook folder in the registry as I have done previously? 

Or you mean setting up a completely new profile from scratch (how do I do this)? I don't want to lose all the settings of my old profile. 

Kind regards, 

Nick

Senin, 11 Juni 2018 07.18
  • You could set a new profile via Control Pane > Mail > Show Profiles.

You don't have to change your original profile:-)

Regards,

Perry

Senin, 11 Juni 2018 07.32
  • I did what you said, but then, as expected, I can only see one email account. I would like to see all my 20 email accounts I set up previously. You know what I mean? How can I do that? 
    Senin, 11 Juni 2018 18.20
  • Any update Perry? 
    Kamis, 14 Juni 2018 19.33
  • Hi,

Can you reproduce this issue in the new test profile?

I've researched a lot and currently, I haven't found related official articles.

You could also try reinstalling Office to check the results.

Regards,

Perry

Senin, 18 Juni 2018 01.51
  • Hi Perry, 

Now I got around to giving it another shot. I discovered that setting up a new profile doesn't help: also with the new profile, if I make changes in the outlook settings, and then open it again, the calendar is not available. 

Then I used the "Repair" function for Microsoft Office. But after that still no improvement. 

Any other ideas? 

Kind regards, 

Nick

Senin, 16 Juli 2018 08.12
  • Hi Perry, any ideas? 
    Jumat, 20 Juli 2018 14.37