none
Change Font Size of From, To, CC, and Subject at the Top of a Message

Pertanyaan

• In Outlook 2010, other than DPI settings, is there a way to increase the font size of the content circled below, which appears at the top of each e-mail message you double-click to open?

Kamis, 06 September 2012 17.46

Jawaban

• Hi,

I think if we change the Windows display settings, then it should be change the whole display setting, not only the From, To, CC and Subject lines, it also changes the display of message body and any other place.

Jaynet Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Selasa, 11 September 2012 01.21

Semua Balasan

• You can refer the related article @ http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/fontsizecolor.htm

DeVa, M.S., {MSFT} Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Kamis, 06 September 2012 19.55
  • also you can refer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook-help/change-the-font-or-font-size-of-the-message-list-HA102036421.aspx

DeVa, M.S., {MSFT} Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Kamis, 06 September 2012 20.33
  • Hi,

After searching from the web, this type of font size should be changed in message source, and it seems that the font size cannot be changed in Outlook.

If you want to change the size of From, To, CC and Subject, how about to zoom the message?

Jaynet Zhang

Jumat, 07 September 2012 02.48
  • If you zoom the message, it only zooms the body of the message, but not the "To:", "From:", or "Subject:" lines.

Senin, 10 September 2012 23.41
  • This article could be used as a workaround, so that's good.  However, we're looking for a way to adjust the font size for "To:", "From:", and "Subject" inside a message after you've double-clicked to open the message.
    Senin, 10 September 2012 23.43
  • It doesn't appears that there are any Outlook specific settings to change the font used for the "Subject:" line of an opened e-mail message, but maybe one of the overriding Windows display settings would do the trick.  Any guess as to which one?
    Senin, 10 September 2012 23.45
  • Hi,

I think if we change the Windows display settings, then it should be change the whole display setting, not only the From, To, CC and Subject lines, it also changes the display of message body and any other place.

Jaynet Zhang

Selasa, 11 September 2012 01.21
  • Jaynet,

These threads were in 2012 and I still haven't found a way to do this.  Is it still the case that the TO, FROM, SUBJECT font size of an email cannot be changed in the latest outlook?

Thanks for your help - I hope there is now an answer to this.

Bill

Selasa, 12 September 2017 01.14
  • I also need an answer to this.

The font size for From is way too big.

The size for To is microscopically tiny.

What dummy at MS thought these changes were OK?  Probably the same dolt who invented the ribbon.  And best tech friend of the team that has ruined Skype.

Does anyone at MS have a shred of sense?

glnzglnz
    ► In the office, Dell Optiplex 7010 with 4GB RAM, Win 7 Pro 32-bit and Office 2010.
    ► At home, Dell Optiplex 7010 with 16GB RAM dual-booting Win 7 Pro 64-bit (now with Office 365 Home) and Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
    ► Also still have Dell Optiplex 755 with 4GB RAM with Win XP Pro SP3 (which still gets updates with the POS hack) and Office 2003.

Jumat, 15 September 2017 17.20
  • I am also facing the same problem kindly post the resolution for the same. Thanks.
    Senin, 02 Juli 2018 14.54
  • I am as well. Just happened when I took the latest update to Office 365.  I could adjust the message fonts, but not the To, CC, and Subject fields.  Please advise.
    Kamis, 05 Juli 2018 18.10
  • I am as well. Just happened when I took the latest update to Office 365.  I could adjust the message fonts, but not the To, CC, and Subject fields.  Please advise.

I am having the exact same problem, but it also affects the font size of the inbox. I can adjust the inbox font using 'Other Settings' under 'View Settings' in the 'View' tab, but it doesn't change the To, CC and Subject field font sizes. 

Not sure why or when this happened. I left work on June 29th and everything was fine, came back from vacation on July 5th and hello tiny fonts. 

Jumat, 06 Juli 2018 16.47
  • Same here.   To, CC, and Subject fields are ridiculously tiny.  Have fixed everything else.  Doesn't Microsoft test these "upgrades" before deploying them?

Minggu, 08 Juli 2018 14.06
  • Same here. Office just pushed an "update" on me, and after than all the fonts were tiny (defaulted to Segoe UI 8 point). I had to manually change that for EVERY SINGLE FOLDER. Royal pain and waste of time. And now I go to send and email and see that the To, CC, and Subject lines are still tiny. Stupid. Why don't they leave well enough alone? How can we fix this? 
    Senin, 09 Juli 2018 14.50
  • If you are on Windows 10 build 1803, a Windows setting affects the From/To/Cc/Bcc/Subject fields. I was able to resolve the tiny fonts by changing this setting...

Display Settings > Advanced scaling settings > Disable 'Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry'

Selasa, 10 Juli 2018 13.06
  • I'm going with "Me Too" on this - just got the Office 2016 / 365 update and a bunch of fonts in Outlook changed to "too small", including the To / CC / Subject boxes.  I'm running Windows 7 so the scaling settings are not an option.  I'm hoping someone posts an answer (or Microsoft reverts this screwy setting).
    Selasa, 10 Juli 2018 22.30
  • If you are on Windows 10 build 1803, a Windows setting affects the From/To/Cc/Bcc/Subject fields. I was able to resolve the tiny fonts by changing this setting...

Display Settings > Advanced scaling settings > Disable 'Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry'

I also have the same problem with tiny fonts in To.. Cc.. fields and cannot change them. This solution didn't help.

Rabu, 11 Juli 2018 12.54
  • My outlook also reset the font size for the mail/inbox list and To, CC, Send, Subject within the message after the latest MS update (updated overnight last night after I left work). I fixed my inbox list but like most I don't have time to change the settings for EACH folder. Really hoping someone posts a solution!

Edited to add: running Windows 7 / Office 365 (Outlook 2016)

• Diedit oleh DaniFisch Rabu, 11 Juli 2018 17.20 Added OS and app info
    Rabu, 11 Juli 2018 17.17
  • After PC restart, To... Cc.. fonts returned to normal size.
    Kamis, 12 Juli 2018 07.27
  • Thankfully I am not the only one with this issue .. Just started out of the blue.  The tiny subject line and the to/cc and from - it is really bugging me.  What is the fix?  Restarting the computer doesn't make any sense.

Windows 7 / Office 365 (Outlook 2016)

• Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh Zhanna Davydova Senin, 16 Juli 2018 18.50
    Jumat, 13 Juli 2018 18.05
  • This is really a function of the terrible decision at MS to use Calibri as the default. It simply does not use enough of the available space for the characters. I much prefer Verdana, Tahoma or Arial.
    Senin, 23 Juli 2018 17.54
  • My outlook also reset the font size for the mail/inbox list and To, CC, Send, Subject within the message after the latest MS update (updated overnight last night after I left work). I fixed my inbox list but like most I don't have time to change the settings for EACH folder. Really hoping someone posts a solution!

I am facing the same issue after office update. Fonts became small and tiny and not able to read the emails and specially the address bar without wearing number glasses.

Require solution or update patch from Microsoft office for this on prioriy. 

Selasa, 24 Juli 2018 06.56

I am facing the same issue after office update. Fonts became small and tiny and not able to read the emails and specially the address bar without wearing number glasses.

Require solution or update patch from Microsoft office for this on prioriy. 

Add me to the list. Why do programmers insist they know best.  And more importantly, why don't they take the time to check things out.  Not good Mirosoft.
    Selasa, 31 Juli 2018 14.53