none
Password expired, cannot access to dedicated server through RDP, Windows Server 2016

Pertanyaan

• Today I tried to login to my dedicated server (Windows Server 2016) via Remote Desktop and it tells me that my password has expired. However it doesn't allow me to change the password.
    The dedicated server is hosted in Canada (Kimsufi/OVH) and I'm in Argentina.
    I cannot change the password locally. Also the server seems to be using NLA as I get an error if I try to login with NLA disabled in my client.
    Besides RDP the other way I can access the server is through rescue mode (linux).

Is there any way to disable NLA or change my password remotely or from Linux rescue?

Thank you

12 Juli 2018 21:13

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

If you use local account to access remote system, if is necessary to log on use another available account which has admin credentials, then, change the password.

If you use domain account to access remote system, log on DC and open Active Directory Computers and Users to change the user account password.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

13 Juli 2018 8:32
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

10 Agustus 2018 2:58