none
Outlook Contact Search not working as of May 2018

Pertanyaan

• My SurfacePro ran the Microsoft Windows April 2018 update this morning.  Right away I've noticed that when I open Outlook and go to Contacts, the SEARCH function no longer works (returns: "No results." regardless of what is typed into the Search box).  All the contacts are still there, thankfully.  But this is painful b/c I use the Contact Search box regularly.  Thoughts?
    Rabu, 16 Mei 2018 14.06

Jawaban

• Sorry about the delayed response.  Sure enough, my thinking is that the issue had something to do with the latest Microsoft update (titled "April 2018" update, even though it did not install until the other day.  When I restarted the computer for a second time, just like magic, the Outlook Contact Search function works perfectly once again.  Strange, I know.
    Kamis, 17 Mei 2018 19.50

Semua Balasan

• Does it work if you start Outlook is Safe Mode? If it does, you might have an add-in that is interfering with the search.

Otherwise, try rebuilding the search index.

Rabu, 16 Mei 2018 14.36
  • Hi,

What's your account type?Exchange, POP or IMAP?

For Exchange account, do you have cached exchange mode enabled?

Recently, there is a known issue that Outlook search returns no search results for POP, IMAP, and Exchange accounts. Please check the details in this link to see whether this is the case for you.

In case there is something wrong with your data files, please try repairing data files to check the result.

Besides, you could also follow Mitch's suggestion above to rebuild indexing.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Kamis, 17 Mei 2018 05.25
  • Sorry about the delayed response.  Sure enough, my thinking is that the issue had something to do with the latest Microsoft update (titled "April 2018" update, even though it did not install until the other day.  When I restarted the computer for a second time, just like magic, the Outlook Contact Search function works perfectly once again.  Strange, I know.
    Kamis, 17 Mei 2018 19.50
  • Hi,

So glad to see that this issue has gone away.

I will install Windows April 2018 updates this night and then check if same issue will happen to me. I'll post back to inform you the result.

Anyway, have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 06.42