none
Hyper-v Server

Jawaban

• I understood your question a bit differently than did Frank.  I read your post as asking if Hyper-V Server, the no-cost download from Microsoft, supports clustering.  Yes, you can cluster two or more hosts which have installed Hyper-V Server.  The clustering feature is the same in Hyper-V Server as it is in Windows Server.

tim

17 Mei 2018 11:17

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

Based on my understanding,you'd to know if it is support to move a cluster VM to standalone Hyper V server

Yes, you can move it provided that the Hyper-v server is 2012 / 2012 R2 

1. Remove the clustered VM from the failover cluster manager console

2. It keeps running on the node it was running. From Hyper-V manager console, right click and start a live migration to any stand alone Hyper-V server

Limitation is that if the VM has pass-through disk it requires a downtime

There is a article for you

Provision a cluster from Hyper-V standalone hosts in the VMM fabric

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/vmm/hyper-v-standalone?view=sc-vmm-1801

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

17 Mei 2018 3:46
  • I understood your question a bit differently than did Frank.  I read your post as asking if Hyper-V Server, the no-cost download from Microsoft, supports clustering.  Yes, you can cluster two or more hosts which have installed Hyper-V Server.  The clustering feature is the same in Hyper-V Server as it is in Windows Server.

tim

17 Mei 2018 11:17
  • Thanks!

Rodrigo Daphanis

17 Mei 2018 14:51