none
Outlook new mail icon on taskbar

Pertanyaan

• Hi,

The Outlook icon on my Taskbar changes to display the yellow envelope and also the PC makes the sound to indicate that there is a new email.

The problem is that I cannot seem to see where these new emails are located.

I have checked the Inboxes.

There are no rules.

The Conversation view is switched off.

I can right-click the Inboxes and mark all mails as read which then displays the Outlook icon as normal on the Taskbar.

Any ideas?

14 Juni 2018 16:58

Jawaban

• Hi,

Have you checked on the web mail to see if new messages show correctly?

Based on my knowledge, this issue could occur if a filter was applied to this folder. Please exit Outlook, press Windows key + R, type outlook.exe /cleanviews in the Run dialog and press Enter.

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP? 

Besides, to see where unread message located, we could also create a search folder to display new messages. To create it, please go to Folder > New Search Folder. Select "Unread Mail" and then click OK.

When we find the email, and then hover the mouse over this email, the corresponding folder will display. Please see my screenshot below:

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh nivlektech 18 Juni 2018 8:48
    15 Juni 2018 2:44

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

Have you checked on the web mail to see if new messages show correctly?

Based on my knowledge, this issue could occur if a filter was applied to this folder. Please exit Outlook, press Windows key + R, type outlook.exe /cleanviews in the Run dialog and press Enter.

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP? 

Besides, to see where unread message located, we could also create a search folder to display new messages. To create it, please go to Folder > New Search Folder. Select "Unread Mail" and then click OK.

When we find the email, and then hover the mouse over this email, the corresponding folder will display. Please see my screenshot below:

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh nivlektech 18 Juni 2018 8:48
    15 Juni 2018 2:44
  • Hi,

How is everything going on with this issue?

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

18 Juni 2018 1:55
  • Hi,

Thanks a lot, the issue seems to have fixed itself - possibly a temporary problem.

I did run that Windows command which reset the views in Outlook.

My account is IMAP.

Creating that Search folder was useful as it displayed many feeds from 'Microsoft at Home' and 'Microsoft at Work', but not recent messages.

I will mark your reply as the answer for now and re-open this if there is a further issue.

18 Juni 2018 8:48
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

Please feel free to tell me if you have further concern.

Have a nice day:-)

Regards,

Perry

18 Juni 2018 8:50