none
linking aol mail to outlook 2007

Pertanyaan

• just linked my aol mail into outlook 2007.  in order to get my mail in outlook, i have to do a manual refresh (F9).  that's ok.  then i have the mail items in aol and in outlook.  when i close aol, and reopen it, my aol inbox is empty.  i don't want to lose the messages in my aol inbox.  i want them duplicated in both places.  aol and outlook.

cathy0728@aol.com

08 Juli 2010 4:58

Jawaban

• Hi Cathy,

Follow steps describe how to set up Outlook 2007 to work with AOL email account, please pay attention to boldface.

To create and configure a new AOL e-mail account in the Outlook software:
    1. Launch the Microsoft Outlook software.
    2. Click the Tools menu, then click E-mail Accounts.
    3. Choose the Add a new e-mail account option by clicking it, then click the Next button.
    4. Choose the POP3 or IMAP option by clicking it, then click the Next button.
    5. In the Your Name: box, type your name as you wish it to appear on outgoing e-mail.
    6. In the E-mail Address: box, type your AOL e-mail address.

7. In the User Name: box, type your AOL screen name.
    8. In the Password: box, type your AOL password.
    9. In the Incoming mail server (POP3): box, type:

Note: Click the Leave a copy of each message on the server box to place a check mark in it.

10. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP): box, type smtp.aol.com.
    11. Click the More Settings button.
    12. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
    13. Click the My outgoing server requires authentication box to place a check mark in it.
    14. Choose the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option by clicking it, then click the Advanced tab.
    15. In the Outgoing mail (SMTP): box, type 587.

Note: In the Delivery section click the Leave a copy of each message on the server box to place a check mark in it, then click the OK button.

16. Click the Next button.
    17. Click the Finish button.
    In addition, make sure that you are using imap.aol.com and not pop.aol.com.  IMAP should leave copies on the server, while POP3 will not.
    Hope it does help.
    09 Juli 2010 1:28

Semua Balasan

• Hi Cathy,

Follow steps describe how to set up Outlook 2007 to work with AOL email account, please pay attention to boldface.

To create and configure a new AOL e-mail account in the Outlook software:
    1. Launch the Microsoft Outlook software.
    2. Click the Tools menu, then click E-mail Accounts.
    3. Choose the Add a new e-mail account option by clicking it, then click the Next button.
    4. Choose the POP3 or IMAP option by clicking it, then click the Next button.
    5. In the Your Name: box, type your name as you wish it to appear on outgoing e-mail.
    6. In the E-mail Address: box, type your AOL e-mail address.

7. In the User Name: box, type your AOL screen name.
    8. In the Password: box, type your AOL password.
    9. In the Incoming mail server (POP3): box, type:

Note: Click the Leave a copy of each message on the server box to place a check mark in it.

10. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP): box, type smtp.aol.com.
    11. Click the More Settings button.
    12. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
    13. Click the My outgoing server requires authentication box to place a check mark in it.
    14. Choose the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option by clicking it, then click the Advanced tab.
    15. In the Outgoing mail (SMTP): box, type 587.

Note: In the Delivery section click the Leave a copy of each message on the server box to place a check mark in it, then click the OK button.

16. Click the Next button.
    17. Click the Finish button.
    In addition, make sure that you are using imap.aol.com and not pop.aol.com.  IMAP should leave copies on the server, while POP3 will not.
    Hope it does help.
    09 Juli 2010 1:28
  • Jennifer,

I set up my aol account in outlook 2007, using the above instructions and have a couple of questions.  There was not a "delivery section" to click leave a copy of each message on the server.  Additionally, the SMTP test failed when I used 587, but worked when I clicked back to default.

any help appreciated.

Eric Miltz

18 Januari 2011 1:59
  • Hi,

I would like to provide one automated solution to access your AOL emails in Outlook. For that you need to download SysTools Aol backup software first. The utility will help you to download your AOL emails in PST file format easily afetr that you can directly import these PST files to Microsoft Outlook email client by using drag and drop option. Before purchasing the tool first first you can try it’s demo version in a free of cost.

Kind Regards

Tech Mia

18 Mei 2018 6:44