none
Error accepting shared calendar invitation - Build 9330.2087

Pertanyaan

• Hello all,

I am having an issue with shared calendars in the latest build of Outlook (9330.2087 Click to run). When a user tries to accept an invitation to view a shared calendar they get an error - "There was a problem connecting you to the shared calendar. Please ask the person who invited you to send another sharing invitation."

If the same person sends an invitation to someone using build 9226.2156 the invitation works without an issue. 

It does not matter if the sender is using either build. The receiver cannot search for the calendar as it is a secondary calendar (which, for some reason Outlook will not acknowledge in a search). 

Is this a bug in the new build? If so, is there a work-around? Thanks for any insight/suggestions. 

Jerry

14 Juni 2018 13:14

Semua Balasan

• Hi Jerry,

Does this issue happen to all shared calendar invitations or a specific one?

Please try to accept the invitation on the web mail to see if same error occurs. Currently, I cannot reproduce this issue on Outlook 2016 (Build 9330.2087) here. 

Please try creating a new profile to see the results.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

15 Juni 2018 7:38
  • Hi,

Are there any updates?

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

18 Juni 2018 1:57
  • Hi Perry,

Sorry, I was not back in the office until this morning to answer. 

This is happening on several calendars, including a newly created on to test the issue. It is happening on different profiles (and on different computers) as well, including a fresh installation of office on a new PC.

Trying to accept a calendar through web mail - the invitation that is sent includes an attachment that is a .eml[1] file. Saving and renaming it to an .eml file allows me to open it in outlook. It is an invitation to the shared calendar that, upon pressing the accept button results in the same error message. 

18 Juni 2018 16:39
  • Hi,

Does this issue happen to a specific account?

>>Trying to accept a calendar through web mail ...upon pressing the accept button results in the same error message. 

Do you mean this error also occurs on the web mail? In this case, it may not be related with Outlook client. For Exchange accounts, you may have to visit Exchange Server forum.

Besides, I've noticed that a new version was released already. You could update to the newest version to see if there are any improvements. A link for your reference.

Regards,

Perry

20 Juni 2018 6:06
  • Hi,

>>Does this issue happen to a specific account?

It is happening to at least 2 accounts. Both of these have the indicated version of Outlook. A third account that has a slightly older version of Outlook does not exhibit this behaviour.

>>Do you mean this error also occurs on the web mail? In this case, it may not be related with Outlook client. For Exchange accounts, you may have to visit Exchange Server forum.

I am unable to accept the invitation in webmail as the attachment that is sent with the invitation is a .eml[1] and the webmail app is unable to open it. Therefore I have to download the attachment (which is really just an eml file - I don't know why Outlook is sending the invite this way). When I open the attachment it opens in Outlook, which is where I am having the issue. 

I will try updating Outlook and let you know if it helps. 

Jerry

20 Juni 2018 13:03
  • Update - I updated Outlook and the issue remains. 

The new version does not allow me to directly email the calendar - instead there is only sharing permissions, which when adding the person I wish to share the calendar with automatically sends an invite. When viewing this email in the web portal the actual accept email does not come through, but is instead attached to another email. I can only save this attachment (this is the .eml[1] attachment mentioned previously) which then, after renaming it to .eml, only opens in Outlook. 

21 Juni 2018 12:51
  • Hi

Have you testing this issue in a new profile?

Currently, I cannot reproduce it on Outlook 2016 1805(Build 9330.2087) and 1806 (Build 10228.20051).

We can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter.

In case this issue was caused by software conflicts, please try performing a clean boot in Windows to check the result.

Regards,

Perry

22 Juni 2018 6:52
  • Hi Perry,

Yes, this was tested in a new profile in a newly installed Outlook. I tried accepting the calendar in safe mode with the same results. 

Jerry

22 Juni 2018 17:40
  • Hi Jerry,

>>If the same person sends an invitation to someone using build 9226.2156 the invitation works without an issue. 

I've researched a lot and no official article was found. As a workaround, you could follow the steps in this link to revert back to the previous version of Office.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

26 Juni 2018 4:51
  • Thank you for your help and time spent. This worked, but it would be nice to understand why the issue is happening. I would prefer to not have to downgrade everyone and disable the updates. 

Do you know if there is a way to search for a shared calendar that is a secondary calendar to the user? For example, I have my main calendar attached to my user name. I can create a second calendar (lets call it test for now) that I want to use for test appointments. I want to share this calendar with other users in my Exchange domain. How can they search for this calendar to open it? As far as I can see, if they try to open a shared calendar Outlook will only allow them to search the user directory. 

Jerry

26 Juni 2018 13:00
  • Hi Jerry,

So glad that it worked for you. Sorry that I haven't found official article about this issue. You may first try this workaround. If I've found anything in the future, I'll post back to inform you.

Besides, if you want to share one calendar with all users, we could also use public folder calendar.

>>How can they search for this calendar to open it?

Do you mean to access or share the secondary calendar? Please refer to the details in this link to see if it is helpful to you.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Regards,

Perry

27 Juni 2018 1:58
  • We are seeing the same issue (build 9330.2124).  Doesn't matter whether it's the primary, or secondary, calendar being shared.  If a primary calendar is being shared, the User receiving the invite, can manually add the shared calendar.  But, if a secondary/sub calendar, like Eisenhomer states, that sub calendar cannot be found by the receiving User.
    28 Juni 2018 13:33
  • Microsoft, we are also experiencing this issue with out tenant.  On a system running build 9001.2138 the issue is not being experienced. 

I will mention on the older build the calendar invite provides "Open this Calendar" in order to accept the invitation.  Users on the June & July monthly build are provide an "Accept" option that results in the error.

01 Agustus 2018 19:18
  • We have the same problem. We are a school and teacher using Office Pro Plus for staff (bouidl 10325) can not open share calendar. Exactly as describe.

We are solving this buy opening the invitation on iOS or Android Outlook and then the calendar syncs to Windows Outlook. 

Hope someone at Microsoft take notice and solves this.

15 Agustus 2018 13:49