none
The reading pane is disabled in the sent messages mailbox

Pertanyaan

• Hello,

I want see the preview messages in the 'sent' mailbox like in the main mailbox (see the arrow in the next photo):

https://gyazo.com/bcc2be9747878c1eb7aa27f6590d78be

for some reasons, in the 'sent' mailbox, I can see the messages without the preview (like above):

https://gyazo.com/b55d65e10b954c315ff650ae1aabeb18

and for some reasons the reading pane doesn't work as you can see in the picture above (red arrow). The reading pane is disabled. 

What can I do in order to read each letter in the sent mailbox like in the first picture (where you can actually read the content of the letter from the program, without any need to open it in different tab)? 

Thank you very much. 

• Diedit oleh LiorBern 12 Juni 2018 20:22
    12 Juni 2018 20:20

Semua Balasan

• Hi LiorBern,

What do you mean by "'sent' mailbox"? Sent Items folder?

Please check if this option is disabled by policies. The related registry setting is located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\Outlook\options

DWORD: disablereadingpane

We could delete it or set the value to 0 to check the results.

(Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

Please refer to this article about how to back up and restore the registry in Windows)

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

13 Juni 2018 5:12
  • Hey,

Thenks for the fast response.

Yes. I mean to the Sent Items folder (items which I sent folder)

I haven't found any 

DWORD: disablereadingpane

Should I create one and set the value to 0?

Edit:

I created new dword and I set the value to 0, and still it is not working.. 

Thanks

• Diedit oleh LiorBern 13 Juni 2018 11:01
    13 Juni 2018 8:43
  • Hi,

Yes, we could create this key and then restart PC to check the results. Please remember to back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

If issue continues, we can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter.

Please also check the detailed version of Outlook to see if there are any updates available. We could try to install the newest updates to see if there are any improvements.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

14 Juni 2018 5:09
  • Hi LiorBern,

Just check of the information above is helpful to you.

Please feel free to tell me if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

15 Juni 2018 8:13
  • Hi LiorBern,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

19 Juni 2018 8:30