I had a fresh install of SBS 2011 running and I was happily setting up my Sharepoint sites which were accessible from any machine on the intranet.
Now, our domain is hosted by a provider and I noticed the "Set up your Internet address" task on the list so I lazily ran it instead of setting up the DNS entries myself. And now, it seems, I'm paying for it.
The first thing I noticed is the SP site URLs changed from domainname.com:987 to remote.domainname.com. Undertered I went back to my laptop and changed to the new URL... then I was prompted by a login prompt. Not good.
From the server I can access SP admin and the sites as any authorized user.. but from any remote machine, no access regardless of the user.