none
Windows PE architecture

Pertanyaan

• Hi!

I was wondering how to make a 64-bit windows PE bootdisk. 

There are three choices i guess relevant to me, its the x86, the amd64 and the ia64. 

As i understand you can host a 64-bit wim file and install it with imageX using a 86-bits version of Windows PE.

But if this is not the case, i am not sure on regular 64-bits processors, will the amd64 work on intel also, what is the

ia64? I belive maybe it could be Intel Architecture 64-bits but not sure.. Anyway, the question is: How to make a 64bits Windows PE boot disk 

Thanks, from IKT Spesialisten, Skauvik

Sigurd Skauvik IKT Spesialisten, Skauvik

13 Mei 2018 10:21

Jawaban

• I don't think there is an ia64 choice.  ia64 was for the Intel Itanium processor.  amd64 is for both the AMD processors and the Intel processors.  It's called amd64 because AMD created the 64-bit extension to the x86 when Intel insisted it would never participate in the idea, but when they saw how popular the amd64 was after 64-bit Windows XP was introduced they decided they needed to get their share of the money too.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

13 Mei 2018 11:55

Semua Balasan

• This link has options for both Windows 7 x64 and x32:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

13 Mei 2018 10:51
  • I don't think there is an ia64 choice.  ia64 was for the Intel Itanium processor.  amd64 is for both the AMD processors and the Intel processors.  It's called amd64 because AMD created the 64-bit extension to the x86 when Intel insisted it would never participate in the idea, but when they saw how popular the amd64 was after 64-bit Windows XP was introduced they decided they needed to get their share of the money too.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

13 Mei 2018 11:55
  • You seem to have good knowledge, may i ask you if there are other relevant tools i could add to my image, i allready have imagex copied over.. If so, may i ask you what tools? I tried copy vim over, a basic text editor should be on all systems. But, unfortunatly the vim 32bits version i copied with the x86 image of PE didnt work. Anyway, thank you for answering my previous question, and maybe you can help with this one as well :)

Sigurd Skauvik IKT Spesialisten, Skauvik

13 Mei 2018 15:15