none
Issues with RDP after RDS install

Pertanyaan

• Hello hoping someone has a quick answer. I have a 2012 R2 server I installed RDS on. After I installed RDS I attempted to configure a collection. I install the collection with pretty basic settings. I give it a collection name, I add the local server to the server pool ( its the only option) I remove the domain user group and add domain admin to the "User Groups". I unchecked user profile disks because its not required. I then hit create. It does its thing and comes back with the error " Unable to configure the RD Session Host server <SERVER / FQDN> Invalid operation.

When I hit close the collection is there. I have not been further than this to test anything. There is another issue. After I add the RDS role and do this. When I attempt to RDP back to the same server I can no longer RDP. I get an error the server refused the connection. When I remove the RDS role I can remote back to the device.  

I did find this article ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3014614/you-cannot-create-a-session-collection-and-an-error-occurs-in-windows ). This did not help.  Any thoughts would be great. 

Rabu, 11 Juli 2018 17.13

Jawaban

• Got it fixed. I had to remove ALL GPO from the box. The issue was no terminal services policy had to be set. Found the Answer here .

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/a6ed7ddc-efab-47ff-9d6a-04f6fb0a79be/windows-2012-remote-desktop-services-create-session-error-unable-to-configure-rd-session-host?forum=winserverTS

Rabu, 18 Juli 2018 20.14

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

>I have a 2012 R2 server I installed RDS on.
    Which RDS server role had been installed? Is there any other server role has been installed on the same system?

>It does its thing and comes back with the error " Unable to configure the RD Session Host server <SERVER / FQDN> Invalid operation.
    If you had followed the suggestion mentioned in KB 3014614. Please try below steps to have an confirmation:
    1. Delete existing Collection which you had created and prompted error via Server Manager – Remote Desktop Services – Collections – select your collection on the list, right click and delete it. 
    2. Re-start your RDS system, run “gpresult /r" and confirm that if your edited policies have been applied.
    3. Then, try to new the collection again to check the result. 

>When I attempt to RDP back to the same server I can no longer RDP
    I am not sure if you open MSTSC on system, and enter the IP address of current system and try to establish remote desktop connection to itself? 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Kamis, 12 Juli 2018 09.11
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Senin, 16 Juli 2018 03.16
  • They are question though I dont have a license server I just put in the DC for 
    • Use the specified Remote Desktop license servers

Should this be just disabled?

Rabu, 18 Juli 2018 19.31
  • Still nothing. I disabled inheritance on the systems gpo and created a new GPO with only the settings in the article and still getting the same problem. 
    Rabu, 18 Juli 2018 19.55
  • Got it fixed. I had to remove ALL GPO from the box. The issue was no terminal services policy had to be set. Found the Answer here .

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/a6ed7ddc-efab-47ff-9d6a-04f6fb0a79be/windows-2012-remote-desktop-services-create-session-error-unable-to-configure-rd-session-host?forum=winserverTS

Rabu, 18 Juli 2018 20.14