none
Remote Desktop Services - 2012R2 - RDS Users Unable to Put Files/Folders Into Recycle Bin w/o Admin Rights

Pertanyaan

• Hello all, I've stood up a new RDS server using session based desktops. All is working fine other than users on the server are unable to delete files/folders without providing admin rights. The users are not administrators and we can't give them admin rights. 

I've found quite a few threads saying the recycling bin is corrupt, or the user profile is corrupt and I've fixed the issue several times by either deleting the user's profile/VHDX and/or deleting the $recycle.bin. 

The issue keeps coming back though every few days. Any ideas on what the root cause could be? 

Kamis, 14 Juni 2018 16.47

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

If possible, it is recommended to patch the system fully with Windows Update/Hotfix, it would be helpful for resolving some known issues and improving the performance.

Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 update history:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4009470

Besides, is there any schooled task/scanning on your RDS, including anti-virus and protection software? If possible, please try to disable them temporarily and wait for a period of time to check the result. 

Based on your description, “deleting the user's profile/VHDX and/or deleting the $recycle.bin’ temporarily works. Just for confirmation, please provide me more detail information about your RDS deployment:
    1. OS version and RDS server role installed.
    2. Whether it is physical or virtual system?
    3. The location of your UPD?
    4. Whether such problem happens from the begin of completing RDS deployment?  
    5. Please check Event Viewer on RDS and confirm that if there is any relate event.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jumat, 15 Juni 2018 02.34
  • Hi Eve thanks for your reply!

OS version is Server 2012 R2

It is a virtual system so we are using session based RDS

UPDs are on the local drive in a separate partition (not the system partition) 

This started happening right after the deployment was completed 

The only errors in the event viewer are a few disk errors. However I did run a check disk repair last time this happened and it still reoccured a few days after fixing it. 

Cheers,

DJ

Jumat, 15 Juni 2018 22.43