none
Does re-installing Outlook destroy existing files and folders?

Pertanyaan

• Something has damaged my Outlook at the worst possible time (of course).  I have run a repair from the uninstall/Change section, which appeared to work until I had to reboot my system and then I get the same problem as before.I get the following message:

"Cannot expand the folder. Internet Mail is not registered properly.  Re-install and try again."

I just need to know if I can re-install and expect to have the existing emails available.

Thank you.

M Weir

Kamis, 17 Mei 2018 19.44

Semua Balasan

• Hello Marj,

Uninstalling Outlook doesn't remove your files (.pst). But looks like something is wrong with your machine if you get the same picture after rebooting.

See Cannot expand the folder, Internet Mail is not registered properly. Re-install and try again .

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 00.17
  • Hello Marj Weir,

This forum(Outlook for Developers) is for development issues related to Outlook Object Model and your problem is more related to Outlook product feature, so I would move this thread into Outlook IT Pro Discussions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 02.10
  • Hi Marj Weir,

Normally, you could still use the original profile after re-installing Office.

For Exchange and IMAP account, all your items are stored on the server so that you won't lose any email after re-installing. For POP account, all your items are stored on PST files. If you have to re-configure your account, you could choose to using old PST files.

Hope this is helpful to you. If you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 07.17
  • Hello Marj Weir,

Any updates with this issue?

Please feel free to tell me if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Senin, 21 Mei 2018 01.54
  • Hello Marj Weir,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support :)

Regards,

Perry

Kamis, 24 Mei 2018 08.50